Chapter 20: Thus Our Day Started

When I got to the market, I went straight for the area I truly love.

If Beast said he was going to be there, I want to see him. But I wonder how he's going to show me his true identity in public.

"Hello my Maka."

I jumped in the air and turned around. I saw Beast waving to me.

He was wearing a plain black shirt with dark blue jeans and black converse. It matched perfecly even on him.

The thought of seeing Beast with no mask pushed me to look at his face. I was disappointed to see that he was wearing sunglasses and a mask over his mouth.

"I'm sorry I had to wear this." He looked away from me.

"Oh no that's okay!" I held my hands up. "I really don't mind."

"Really?" He looked at me.

"Yeah." I giggled. "I told you I was going to wait until the day you show me the real you."

"Thank you." I can hear the smile that went with his words. "That's the reason why I love you."

He pulled me toward him and held me. He placed his chin on top of my head making me hear his heart again.

After a few seconds, I pulled away and smiled at him. We got my favorite sweet from the section we were at which was a strawberry tart.

We walked through the whole store getting things for my home. He was kind enough to actually help me even when people were giving him stares.

He would ignore all of it just to be with me. That was sweet of him. We got done shopping and we left the store.

"I need to go home and put these back." I smile shyly.

"Of course." I can hear the grin.

I wonder how his grin looks like. Thinking about grins, made me think of Soul instantly like a snap of a finger.

How can I think of Soul? He was an ass so why am I thinking of him when I'm with Beast, a totally different person from that supposed "cool" guy.

"Hey are you okay?"

I snap my head toward Beast and see that he was looking at me. I must've been doing something because he actually took his sunglasses off.

His brown contacts stared at my green eyes. I pulled away feeling my cheeks warm up with heat.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I bit my lower lip. "Why're you asking?"

"Well I was talking to you but I noticed you weren't listening to me." He shrugged and put his sunglasses back on.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses?" I giggled.

He shrugged his shoulders and continued to talk about what he planned for us today. He wanted us to go out and have lunch together.

After that we were going to go to the mall just to walk around, maybe watch a movie. He really did have things planned out.

Once we got to the apartments, we went to my flat. I opened the door and let him in first since he was carrying the bags.

"You can just place them on the table." I tell him. "I can put them away once I get back home."

He did as I said and walked away from the table. We got to the door and he glanced back at the table.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I want to put them away." He stared at the table.

"Just leave it Beast." I laughed. "I can do that."

He laughed with me and nodded his head. We went to a small cafe near the apartments and had a coffee. We even had small talk.

"So that's why you like to read?" He asked.

"Yeah." I giggled. "My papa use to always read to me when I was younger. That was before my mom left."

"I'm sorry about your mom." Beast looked down.

"It's okay." I waved it off. "I don't think she really loved me anyway."

"But every mother loves her child." Beast placed his hands on top of mine. "My mother hates my guts but I know she loves me deep down."

I nodded my head and talked a little more. We had a deep conversatitons here and there just not all the time.

We went to the mall like he said. We didn't watch a movie but we did just have fun walking around looking at all the people there.

That night Beast walked me home. We got to my front door and I opened it. I walked in and turned around to him.

"Thanks for today Beast. "I smiled.

"Of course." He nodded his head. "I had a good time."

"I'll text you?'" I asked.

"You know it!" He winked since he had his sunglasses off.

I laughed and watched as he walked down the hallway. Once he turned around the corner I walked into my flat and closed the door.

The bags were still on the table and I did what I said I was going to do. After putting everything in its rightful place, I went straight for my room.

I gathered my sleeping clothes and went into the restroom to get ready for bed. I took a shower and brushed my teeth. I changed into my sleeping clothes and went back to my room.

The moment I got into my room, I heard a small noise. I looked around wondering where it was coming from. I turned and saw my phone.

Beast: Good night my Maka.

I smiled and sent him a message. I was tired from today's events. It was actually fun and I wanted to do it again but I didn't know if I could.

My mother came into my head before I could sleep. She did leave me when I was just a little girl. She never took me so that has to mean she never loved me.

Me: I don't know how a mother's love feels like.

Beast: Don't worry Maka. I'll love you in your mother's place.

With that text sent to me, I knew I could sleep okay tonight. If he's going to love me in my mom's place, I think I can grasp how it feels.

I sent Beast a last text saying that I was going to go to sleep. I fell asleep with Beast's love right beside me, mentally.