Chapter 34: No More Surprises

Soul and I stayed in the hospital for another day just talking.

I had completely forgotten to do the homework Tsubaki and BlackStar had given me. I feel like I might get far behind now.

"So I have the same amount of homework?" Soul gawked.

"Yes you do." I laugh. "And I'm not going to help you."

"But you're smarter!" Soul whined. "And I saved your life so you should help me."

"Now that's mean!" I laughed at his face. "Say something else maybe I'll help you!"

"Because you're my girl!" He grinned.

The moment I was gonna say something else, I quickly shut my mouth. There was nothing to counter that.

"Cat got your tongue?" Soul smirked.

"Shut up!" I growl. "You just got lucky that's all!"

Soul laughed and nodded his head. He was still the same him but not that much. Maybe because it's me he's talking to.

"Hey Soul!" BlackStar came running in. "You ready to leave the hospital?"

"Why?" Soul growled.

"Because you're being discharged today and I want to hang out with my bro again!" BlackStar shouted.

"Uh BlackStar?" I spoke up. "Where's Tsubaki?"

"Oh she's in the waiting room." BlackStar frowned a little. "She's a little sick."

"Oh no," I gasp. "Let me check up on her."

BlackStar grinned again. I gave him a smile and walked out. I wonder if Tsubaki got a cold.

The weather has been acting up lately with a lot of rain and wind. I'm pretty sure it's chilly outside right now.

I walk down the hall and see Tsubaki sitting at a chair looking at little kids running around.

"Hey Tsubaki!" I wave. "Are you okay?"

"Oh Maka!" She waves back. "Yeah I'm okay. Why you ask?"

"BlackStar said that you've been a little sick lately." I explain.

"Oh yeah," She giggles. "I'm a little sick but other than that I'm okay."

"You got a cold?" I laugh.

"Yeah I do." Tsubaki nods with a smile.

"So you don't want to see Soul?" I smile.

"Oh I do!" Tsubaki sat straight. "It's just I want to sit here."

"That's a surprise." I look away.

"What?" Tsubaki looks at me.

"It's a surprise." I smile. "You always go in there with BlackStar so you can keep an eye on him."

"Oh yes," she smiles. "He's always getting himself into trouble."

"That blue monkey is going to be the death of you!" I laugh.

"One day." She giggled. "So do want to hang out today? BlackStar wanted to hang out with Soul today."

"Yeah I heard." I laughed. "Anyways, I don't mind hanging out with you."

She smiled and nodded her head. I took the free seat next to her and waited for the two idiots to come out.

"So are you and Soul a thing now?" Tsubaki asked out of no where.

"Why do you ask?" I look at her.

That was what I forgot. I never really told her about me and Soul. She doesn't even know that he was my secret admirer. She doesn't even know I had a secret admirer.

"Well you stayed with him the whole time he was in here." She smiled. "I just thought you two were a thing now."

"I don't think so," I smiled and shook my head. "We're just friends that's all."

"Best friends I see." She smiled. "That's cool."

It felt weird lying to her but I'm sure Soul doesn't want anyone knowing about us. So I did what I'm sure he wanted me to do.

After a few minutes, we saw Soul and BlackStar walking down the hall.

Soul was in his normal clothes that Tsubaki and BlackStar brought for him. He looked pretty pissed but also tired. He must be tired of listening to BlackStar.

BlackStar was jumping around behind him and just laughing. We even saw him run into a few rooms shouting his nonsense to the innocent people in there.

"Me and Soul are going to hang out today!" BlackStar grinned. "You two can go shop and be girls!"

"Don't get into trouble BlackStar!" Tsubaki scolded. "I don't want to hear that you were terrorizing innocent bystanders again."

"I promise." He smiled.

He pulled her in and kiss her cheek. I'm pretty sure he's going to get sick because of that. Even Tsubaki probably knew it.

They waved and walked out of the hospital with BlackStar in the lead. Tsubaki and I left right after them.

We walked to the mall and just walked around being girls like BlackStar said. We were getting bored until we saw Liz and Patty running around.

"Liz!" Tsubaki called. "Patty!"

They turned and saw us walking toward them. They grinned and ran over to us with smiles on their faces.

"What are you guys doing here?" Liz smiled.

"Soul and BlackStar are having bro time," I shrugged. "BlackStar said we can go and be girls."

"Idiot." Liz laughed.

"Hey what do we have here?" We turn and see Blair. "Four wannabes."

"What do you want Blair?" Liz growled. "Here to say shit again?"

"Oh no not to you." Blair laughed. "I'm here to talk to a certain flat chested girl."

Liz, Patty and Tsubaki both looked at me which made me feel weird. They looked worried and I could tell by the way Tsubaki spoke.

"Are you going to be okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I smiled. "I'll be alright."

She smiled and let me walk away with Blair in the lead.

Blair stopped once we had a great distance between us and those guys. She turned toward me and gave me the coldest glare she could muster.

"What did you do to make my Souly in the hospital?" She growled.

"I didn't do anything!" I held my hands up. "I swear I didn't."

"You better leave him alone!" She growled.

"It's not my fault." I rolled my eyes.

She growled and looked away. Before she walked away she turned back to me and whispered in my ear.

"I'm pregnant with his kid."

Once she said that, she walked away with a smug smile. I stood still and sighed. For some reason I'm not surprised or man. I'm just tired.

"I'm sick of surprises from her." I sighed heavily and walked back to the girls.

"What did she want?" Liz asked.

"Oh nothing." I smiled and waved it off. "She's just asking why Soul was in the hospital.

"Yeah Tsubaki told us what happened." Liz nodded. "Did you tell her?"

"No." I shook my head. "I didn't say anything."

They smiled and decided to leave the topic alone. I didn't want to tell them what she said but I knew I was going to have to soon.

I'm going to have to talk to Soul about it next time we're alone. I'm sure this kind of information will be chewing at me until I talk about it with Soul.