Chapter 39: My Hatred For You

Soul's POV

Why? Why is it so difficult for me to let my heart be happy? I love Maka I know I do. I really love her.

Maybe I don't want to hurt her and that's why I'm getting this weird feeling. I want to know that she'll be okay.

So that means I have to give everyone a little talk. Billy. That Crona. And even Blair.

"Soul?" I hear an angel. "Are you okay?"

Maka was looking at me, checking my face to serif it would show any emotions. I knew how to hide my emotions but for some reason, I've been getting reckless.

"Of course," I grin. "I was just thinking that's all."

"About what?"

This girl. She really loves me that she'll ask me if I'm okay. That's why I love her.

"School." I look at her.

Maka scoffed and shook her head. See? She knew I was lying by the subject I was thinking about. She knows I hate school.

"You never think of school." She sighs.

I pull her waist toward me and I just hold her while we talk. I know she wouldn't like it if others saw this so I let her go once we got near the school.

"I'll see you after school?" I smile at her, about to walk with my "gang."

"Yes," she smiles and nods.

I smile again and walk away from her so she can go to class. I have to act like we are just friends at school but damn I want to show the other guys that she's mine.

Once I got toward my friends, I saw that they were talking about how BlackStar jumped a guy because he thought the guy was trying to get with Tsubaki.

After school was over, I went down the hallways. Maka and I have different classes for 7th hour and I didn't like it.

While I was walking I heard some steps behind me and I mean female steps. I only know because of the clanking of heels on the hard floor.

Once I turned around, I saw Blair smirking at me and all I wanted to do was tell at her.

"Soul," she purred.

She walked toward me until she was close enough that I can feel her breathing. She was still small even with those heels.

"Your precious Maka is hurt."

And just like that, I felt my heart tear into two.

Maka's POV

Where was he? He said he was going to see me after school. I've been waiting for him for 15 minutes now.

I know he has a different class for 7th hour but I kind of thought he would hurry over here.

So I went on a small search for him. I had to find where he was because for some reason this twisting in my chest was not feeling right.

On my search, I noticed that everyone had left. Well of course they did, no one wants to hang around after school. They want to be home.

Just like how I want to get home and watch movies with Soul. Or at least do something with him.

Like a date. My inner mind laughed happily.

No! I don't want to think of a date so soon when I'm barley finding my feelings for him.

But you went on a date with him before. My mind laughed lightly.