Chapter 11 - The Space Museum

Jenny sat in Tham’s lap, and pressed her head against his chest. Tham was the cockpit of David, working the controls as they traveled through the time tracks.

“Wasn’t there a revolution and the space museum was destroyed?” Jenny asked, her eyes were closed and she felt his fingers stroking her hair. Part of her was scared, she was so different now that Tham was here. She didn’t have to be tough as nails. It was a relief to sometimes let go and have someone else take control .

A sudden lurch knocked her off her Tham-chair and onto the console. Tham ungraciously shoved her aside and began scanning for the anomaly they hit. She swore if it’s a blue box she was going to quit.

“Looks like was slipped a time track.” Tham said, and maneuvered the ship back on course. “We’ll be ok. That was weird.”

Jenny picked herself up and smoothed out her jumpsuit.

“Thanks for helping me up” Jenny said with a snide tone.

“Oh, I’m sorry I was a bit rough when our lives were on the line. I’ll be careful to ensure you’re comfortable before I try to keep our remains from being scattered across time and space.” Tham said with a grin. Jenny responded by punching his shoulder. “Oww!”

“Just land the ship flyboy.”

After radioing ahead, Tham steered the ship to a landing platform. Jenny went over the post flight procedures to lock everything down, while Tham followed her directions with only a mild look of annoyance. He was just like a little kid and wanted to hurry up and go.

Foreman met them at the cargo doors with his Fedora and black and white striped tie.

“Hey, I thought I put on that Dalek chasing the Cyberman tie!” Tham said disgruntledly, “You don’t have arms! How did you change it?”

Foreman trained his eye-stalk on Tham and have a mechanical chuckle. “Secret” and pushed the button to open the landing bay. The platform hissed with the escape of air, and lowered to let the trio out.

They left the space port and headed into the city. The Moroks were dressed in white suits with big shoulders and matching pants. Everyone looked uniform. She wondered how bad it would be if she left a few fashion magazines with the clothing designers. They all had the same haircut as well; high sweeping foreheads with the hairline drawing down the center in a big m with the ends puffed outward.

They continued to walk to the museum, but no one seemed to bump them or even acknowledge the strange folks in their midsts, she expected Foreman to get a few strange looks, but no one seemed to care.

“Ok, this is weird. Lets go back.” Jenny said, she was getting a bad vibe all over the place. Everything was off, just slightly. She could feel it to her core. Tham had a grin from ear to ear.

“Oh, you’re being a spoil sport, Lets go!” He said and grabbed her hand. With a slight tug, he coerced her to follow and maneuver through the crowd, being careful not to touch anyone.  

***

They made it to the museum without notice.

The Morok administration was in full swing, or it appeared to be. She remembered her father had been key in an uprising when they wanted to capture the  group and place them inside an exhibit.

“See? Isn’t this time well spent?” Tham said, looking at a piece of art. She didn’t recognise it’s style or planet of origin, but it appeared to emit odors as well as vibrantly shift in color.