Chapter 7 - Skaro

Chapter 7 -  Skaro

The tiny ship appeared around a large blue planet, reminiscent of Earth. Jenny flipped some switches on the panel and set in a landing corse. Foreman quietly stood vigilant next to her.

“That’s Skaro.” She said with a grin. She knew how she felt seeing Gallifrey and wondered if the same emotions were coursing through his tiny body.

“It has been whispered… of our home. None of us have dared dreamt of viewing it.” Foremans’ tinny voice echoed.

“Why don’t you view it with your natural eye?” Jenny grinned. Without saying another word, air hissed from the tank like structure as panels slide away and the Dalek shell opened up to allow the blob like being be exposed to the open air.

“What… is this?” Foreman said

“It’s your home, where you come from. We need to go down and see when we landed. I may have overshot us a few thousand years one way or another. Her father was not much for note taking, so his memories of exactly when the thousand year war took place was quite fuzzy.

“I... “ Foreman said, then closed the open panels. “Let us go… Jenny”

Without another word, they descended the ship, and targeted a plane just outside the main walled city of Dal.

***

“Shoot!” Jenny kicked the consol. The landing was smooth, but she ran some external scanners to try and place when they were.

“What is wrong… Jenny?” Forman said, resting his plunger arm on hers. Jenny was taken aback by this, Foreman must have saw her shock, as he removed the appendage and rolled back an inch or so. He’s never tried to initiate physical contact before.

She shook the psychological deconstruction out of her head and focused at her task. “We’re too late. The atmosphere is completely irradiated, the thousand war year has started.

“How far back do we go?” Foreman asked.

Jenny pressed some buttons and read the readings on the monitor. It gave her a stellar date, but that made no real difference. “We don’t have a time frame of WHEN the war started. When my dad was here, he never really looked at the actual date. We could be four hundred or nine hundred years in and can’t tell the difference.”

There was an indicator light on her panel that turned red. Foreman immediately spun his dome to the back of the ship and paused, as if looking through the hull.

“Life forms detected… Interrogate… Exterminate…” Foreman spun around and sped down the hall to the airlock. Jenny was still in her pajamas, and swore as she threw on a jacket and some actual pants, slipped on some shoes and ran out to stop Foreman from destroying whoever is outside of the ship.

***

“Foreman don’t you dare….” Was all she could manage as a red blaster bolt struck the hull next to her head. She ducked just in time only to have Foreman move in front of her and use himself as a shield. The blasts echoed in her ears and she could not hear a word Foreman said. She did her best to bundle herself up behind the metal frame and make herself as small as possible. What ever was being shot at her, his golden frame was invulnerable to it.

“You will submit to interrogation.” Forman said with a commanding voice. Jenny strained to hear past the ringing that flooded her ears. There were no other shots fired. She worried Foreman had vaporized the entire group and caused another ‘incident’.

Peeking out, she saw six large men with purple skin and white hair holding various parts of their body, all with a pained look on their face. Jenny stood up and looked at their attackers. She recognized them as the Thals, it was just her luck!