Chapter 10 - Breakfast

Jenny’s head was splitting down the middle. There was an annoying sound like nails on a chalkboard disrupting her blissful quiet sleep. A sleep not bombarded by images of time and space and voices. The sound was almost like metal grinding against metal, and it was close.

“I swear to god Foreman, if you pissed off the Sontarans again…” she mumbled. Her pillow was lumpy and uncomfortable too… She tried to adjust it, but it didn’t move. Damn pillow. She sat up groggily, locked her fingers together and slammed them down as hard as she could  onto the offending lump with three well placed whacks.

Tham’s screams of pain sobered her up quickly. He was doubled over, holding his crotch and contorted his face  into what she can only assume be the pain of a thousand deaths. He was sitting cross legged, with her pillow on his lap. His boney shins must have been what she was feeling… it better have been his shins.

“What the hell were you doing?” Jenny demande furiuosly. Why was he in her bed. Why was her head in his lap? Jenny grabbed the sides of her head and sat back down. Tham’s choking coughs were somewhat satisfying, knowing he was in as much pain as she was. “What was that god awful sound?”

“Oh, you ungrateful harpy!” Tham choked. “I fell asleep…”

“That was YOU?” Jenny asked astonished. “It sounded like the hull was being ripped apart by an asteroid, but slowly… Like… like the titanic when it struck the icebergs… that sick wrenching sound that lets everyone know, ‘hey you’re about to die a slow and horrible death!’. “

“Yes… It was me, I snore!” Tham sat up on the bed and steadied himself. His knees were as far apart as he could get them and he took some deep breaths, trying to calm down. “Not like you’re any better! Foreman!”

Foreman rolled into view, wearing his Fedora and white tie. He looked at the two of them and kept silent.

“Oh Foreman, good buddy! You have any sound recordings of Jenny when she sleeps?” Tham asked with a grin.

“Oh I do NOT make that sound!” Jenny said indignantly.

Brwaaaaaannnnzzzzzzz emitted from Foreman. Jenny looked modified.

“Foreman! I do not sound like that!” She said

“Observational recording, last night 22:00 hours.” Foreman said indifferently. Without another word, he spun around and headed back to the cargo bay.

“What’s his problem?” Tham asked, and stretched back down on the bed.

“I don’t know...” Jenny said thoughtfully. She uncrossed her legs, planted her foot on Tham’s shoulder and slid him off her bed. Than gave her a protesting look from the floor. “I don’t want you in my bed.” With that, she grabbed the covers, threw them over her, and then snagged all the pillows. It was only a second before she was back asleep.

***

The sound of laser fire startled her awake. Her head still throbbed from her hangover, but not as much as last time. The sounds of scorching explosions came from the cargo bay… again. She was going to just close it, and jettison them both and be done with it. All she wanted was quiet. Peace and quiet.

Jenny got out of bed and stormed down the hall. She pushed the button to enter the Cargo bay and saw Foreman and Tham standing on other ends of the the bay, both behind stacked up empty canisters. Tham was laughing and shooting out from behind the canisters, and Foreman was behind his own fort returning fire.

She was going to kill both of them.

She was about to start screaming when Tham looked up and saw her, probably realizing the look on her face was not a good one. He smiled and waved.