Chapter 14 - The Highest Bidder

“Foreman...” Jenny whispered and sobbed into her knees. She saw the smoking husk of his shell in her mind, and the silence that followed. There was no scream, no cry of pain… just silence and it was over. She replayed the scene over and over in her mind, there was nothing she could have done differently. She willed her mother to pop up out of the bushes and save them all, but that obviously hadn’t happened, that means she never got in contact with her to set up an intervention and that means she lost the time game. All she could do is cry. Her heart was rendered to shreds.

“I still need your help, Doctor” Tham… or The Master said through the tiny window in her cell. it was a small room about eight feet squared. She scooted herself around and turned her back to him. “We’ll give it a few more weeks then…” he said, and closed the window, engulfing her in darkness.

Jenny didn’t care. She was lost. Her one friend died in front of her, and the man she grown to love turned out to be the most evil creature in the galaxy. She just wished she could die and be done with it, She could probably do it a few times, but there’s no guarantee her personality in the next regeneration would want to kill herself again. the next version of her may go along with Tham and they would become the next Bonny and Clyde.

She lost count of how many days she was in the cell. She ate what was given to her, and she withdrew inside herself falling ever deeper into despair. When she felt she hit rock bottom, Tham opened the door.

“Doct… er Jenny, this is silly, come out of there and lets be reasonable.” Tham said with his charming smile and extended his hand. With a blank expression, and no joy, she took the extended hand and stood up. No words passed between the two as Tham lead Jenny out of the cell and into a room down the hall.

It was a large bedroom with a huge library of books, a desk with a three way mirror and various brushes, jewelry boxes, and makeups, a king size four post bed with black silk sheets.

“Jenny, I missed you so.” Tham said, he held her from behind, and ran his hands over her arm. Jenny was numb and didn’t care. She felt her hair being touched and could hear The Master sniff a lock.

“This… is your room.” Tham whispered in her ear. “Go shower and get changed. I have acquired an extensive wardrobe for you.”

Jenny pulled away and headed to the open door that showed the lavish bathroom. Tham followed her and stood outside the door. Jenny didn’t care. She removed her clothes and got in. Tham watched the whole time as she scrubbed months of sweat and grime off her body.

“Beautiful” she heard him say when she got out and dried herself off. She dropped the towel and walked naked to the closet and opened the door. The closet was huge and she could not see the back of it. The rows of cloths gathered to a point in the horizon. She was about to step in to find some clothes when she felt a hand on her shoulder and Tham closed the door in front of her.

It was too much.

She burst into sobbing fits as Tham led her to the bed, turned down the sheets and eased her in. He continued to shush her and stroke her hair, occasionally saying ‘there there’. She rolled over to face away from him and squeezed her eyes shut, and began to shake all over when she felt him get in the bed with her.

***

“Eggs and toast for breakfast today Jenny?” Tham said with a cheerful smile. They sat at a small table laden with breakfast foods. Coffee, tea, tarts, toast, eggs, and everything else one would think of for a healthy morning meal. Jenny’s gaze fixated on a spot on the back wall. Tham had stayed with her every night for what almost felt like months. Time in his corrupted TARDIS was impossible to measure. He dressed her up like a doll, and used her any way he wanted. She didn’t care. It was over.