Chapter 8

The next few days were hell. Claire figured not going to school until she heard about the Martial Arts Tournament that Videl was going to enter so she figured she would enter also. Training made Claire get her mind off of things until everything go better.

Tournament Day~ My POV

I got there looking for Videl, I found her next to her father;ugh and by the expression on her face I could tell she didn't want to be with him.

Once she left him I ran up to her. "Hey Videl!" I said rather happily. Her face went surprised, "Claire! Where have you been? I've missed you!" She yelled and hugged me. "I've been feeling sick but I'm better now" I studied her hair. "What happened to your hair?"

"I had to cut it for the tournament heh"

"Well, you look amazing"

"Thank you. Come on I need to find Gohan and your going to help me" She tugged on my sleeve then flew up into the air. When did she learn how to fly? Gohan. I decided not to think much about it and followed her. She was the only one that saw me fly but she didn't think about it not until now.

While flying and looking down at the crowd for Gohan I saw a boy with blue hair which turned out to be Shiro; but before I I could go see him Videl grabbed my hand and went towards a buildling. "Come on Claire we could probably find him from right there". "Okay.." I was rather disappointed.

5 minutes later~

"I found him! Wait never mind" Again grabbing my hand then let go. Videl looked down from where I was looking her mouth curved into a smile. "Oh!" She smiled.

"Hm? What?"

"You like Shiro!"

"No I don't!" My face flushed red. "Maybe a little but I don't like him that much!"

"Okay, you can go hang out with him or whatever. I'll come for you when the tournament is going to start or when I find Gohan" She noted and I nodded and went off.

No one's POV

Gohan walked with his father and friends towards this buliding. On the way while Gohan was looking around he saw Claire talking to a blue haired boy; of course a question popped into his head, 'Why is she talking to him' jealously got the best of him before he walked towards the saiyan girl.

Walking towards her made him feel all fuzzy and weird inside. Something about her made him feel like this. Gohan tapped on her shoulder and she kept smiling. "Hi, may I help you?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Um sorry but I don't know who you are"

"Just come with me and I'll tell you" Claire nodded slowly unsure of what to do. "No! I can't let Claire go with some freak" Shiro spoke up.

"Shiro it's okay but if anything happens I'll always come back I promise" Shiro nodded and left.

Yes, Shiro has a crush on Claire but he hasn't told her and of course Claire also shares the same feelings for him but on with the story.

"So what is it Gohan" Claire began. Gohan didn't know what to do. 'How did she know it was him?' The boy thought before taking out a white folded up paper. "Here I wanted to give it to you but I didn't since you weren't at school"

She took the note and opened it up, she began reading it and when she was done her hand was over her mouth.

"Why didn't you tell me it was you from the beginning?". "The Claire that I knew and loved ever since"

My POV

The words hit me like a train. "I couldn't tell you because..... because I didn't want the pain to come back... it hurt so much that I had to-" I got cut off by Videl's yelling. "Claire you found him! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Oh I'm sorry" I rubbed the back of my head and gave the note back to Gohan which he hid quickly.

"Come on we have to go the elimination round is about to begin" Videl noted. "You too Gohan, your parents are probably worried about you" I added then we all ran towards the building where the elimination round was gonna be held.