REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY Late 1k special!

"Written in the Stars"

Claire's POV
Saturday, 8:00 AM

My eyes fluttered opened as I stretched my limbs. I stood up, my sock covered feet, touching the cold floor. As I walked by my mirror that hung on the wall, I caught a glimpse of my bird nest called hair.

My eyes widen and I quickly grabbed my brush that was on my drawer and brushed my mangled hair. After a few minutes my hair turned into its silky Raven black color like before.

I quickly did everything else I had to do.

The eerie quietness of my home sounded horrible in my ears as I walked into my kitchen and began to make some breakfast. I just wish my parents were here, I actually loved the weekend noises that came about in our humble home.

My mother yelling at my father to help her with breakfast as he had a 'small' nap on his recliner. I often laughed at that scene.

I was the only child that my mother had. There was this one time where I asked her why didn't she want more kids but in her opinion, one child was good enough. She loved me a lot, they both did.

Now after the incident that happened on Valentine's Day. I was never the same. I was only 6 back then.

Flashback~

My parents decided to go on a romantic date that evening, leaving me with the best babysitter in history. They weren't due to come home until 11 o'clock but they apparently decided to come back at twelve.

My babysitter Annie was sitting at the dinning table on her phone, texting her friends with her headphones in.

My parents decided to go on a romantic date that evening, leaving me with the best babysitter in history. They weren't due to come home until 11 o'clock but they apparently decided to come back at twelve. Maybe they wanted to be alone an hour more? I was supposed to be asleep but being a stubborn child I refused and stayed up waiting for my parents.

A heavy knock came from the door. My eyes snapped from my coloring book and I stood up, walking to the door opening it.

A man in a blue uniform, a police officer of course, stood there taking his hat off of his head, letting his hair fall in his face.

He bent down, "Hey, little one. Are you home alone?"

"No, my babysitter Annie is over there," I pointed to Annie and called out to her. "Annie! A cop wants to talk to you"

Annie's head looked up, her eyes locking with the officer.

"Oh" She took out headphones and waked towards the door. "How may I help you"

His blue eyes pierced through me. I felt a little scared and hide behind Annie.

"You might want to sit down for this, and can you take the girl somewhere else? I don't want her to hear this" He said.

Annie nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me to the kitchen. "May I get a cookie?"

"Yes you may"

"Thank you!" I ran off to the cookies.

Annie walked back into the living room and the officer closed the door and began to talk to my babysitter.

I mean, you can say I was kind of eavesdropping because I was half listening to what they were talking about.

"They....car accident....died on the scene...." I walked closer to the living room entrance and listened more carefully.

"Are you sure? I talked to them just about one hour ago. They seemed fine" Annie's voice was cracking.