Chapter 1

A/N - Welcome to the first chapter of "The Littlest Timelord: The Fall of the Eleventh"! Lots of clues and surprises in this book! I hope you're ready!]

The TARDIS landed roughly, sending Elise to the floor. She picked herself up and ran to the doors. They'd landed on earth.

She remembered the Doctor mentioning something about that. But where was he?

He'd told her to stay in the TARDIS while he executed his plan and now he was lost. Great.

About half an hour later, the door opened and the Doctor stumbled inside.

"Dad!" She ran towards him and grabbed his hand.

"Oh! Elise! Is that you?" he asked.

"Well who else would it be? What are you wearing?"

He was wearing some type of spacesuit and by the looks of it, his helmet was on backwards. "Impact suit. It's busy repairing me."

"Of course it is," she muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" She led him up to the platform and helped him sit in the jump seat. "How do I get the helmet off?"

"There should be a latch or a button."

Elise's nimble fingers searched around his neck until she found it. She pulled it off.

"Hello there," the Doctor said.

Elise smiled softly. "How about I go make us some tea?" Elise disappeared down the corridor as the Doctor stood up and took off the spacesuit.

Just as Elise came back holding two mugs of tea, the TARDIS took off. "Where are we going?" Elise asked.

The Doctor grabbed onto the monitor. "The English Countryside!"

"But why?"

The Doctor smiled. "Because someone made a wish!"

The Doctor opened the door, well one of the doors fell off its hinges... "There we go. Well, come in. In you come," he said.

Madge, Lily, and Cyril entered the house.

"Mind your step. Now, don't worry. The back door is still, broadly speaking, operational." The Doctor lifted the door and placed it upright again. "Right then, may I take your cases?"

Madge and children thanked him.

"Lovely. Would you mind carrying them for me? I need to show you round."

"Oh no, wait!" Madge said as the Doctor ran up the stairs, "Who are you?"

"I'm the caretaker and this is my assistant."

"But you're not Mister Cardew."

"I agree."

"I don't understand. Are you the new caretaker?"

"Usually called the Doctor. Or the Caretaker or Get Off This Planet. Though, strictly speaking, that probably isn't a name. My assistant's name is Elise Smith. Hello, Madge Arwell."

"Hello."

"And Cyril Arwell. And Lily Arwell." The Doctor shook each of their hands. He gave Lily a soft smile. She looked much like Elise had at her age. "Now, come on, come on. Lots to see. Whistle stop tour. Take notes, there will be questions."