ralwefni

"Almost finished." I bit my lip to try and strengthen my concentration. The dress that I had been working on for three weeks was in the process of being completed, and I only had one more side to stitch. It wasn't a dress that I intended on wearing. It was something that my advanced drama class was working on as a final, and I would be darned if I didn't ace this.

Not to inflate my ego, but it was beautiful. It was meant for a forest princess to wear in the winter play. The body was a dark green with leaf-like shapes stretching down the gown and across the shoulders getting lighter as they went. Each leaf was outlined and emphasized with golden borders.

My eyes watered at the hard work I had put into creating this masterpiece.

I heard the distant sound of the doorbell ringing and my face lit up with happiness. Today was going to be a good day. I could feel it.

I galloped down the steps like a dumb horse and slid across the wooden floor with my socks until I was in front of the door, pulling it open.

"Hello!" I said is a blissful voice. Maybe it was a friend, or one of those guys trying to get me to vote for them as chairmen of the neighborhood or something.

Behind the door was someone I wasn't too excited to see. "You." I hissed, and attempted to slam it in his face.

"Wait! Wait! I'm sorry!" He haphazardly put his hand in between the door and the frame. If I was heartless, I might have slammed it anyway. Lucky for him I was a good person.

"Hey, come on! It wasn't that bad!" Dylan cried.

"Tell that to my broken heart." I sniffled, overexaggerating.

"Come on. It was a one time thing. You never have to do it again. And here," He pulled a brown box out from behind his back. "Truce chocolates." He smiled sheepishly.

"You're lucky I have a sweet tooth." I snatched the box from his hands and shooed him inside. I knew I was being immature about the whole thing, and that it really wasn't that big of a deal, but I got free chocolate from dragging it out. Selfish, maybe. Delicious, yes. He knows I'm messing with him anyway. I think.

"So how did it go with Chance?" I asked and pulled out a cherry filled dark chocolate. Mmm. I offered Dylan the box and he grabbed a little circular candy.

"It went so well!" His eyes lit up like a little child's. It was adorable. "Apparently she already liked me too!"

"That's awesome Dilly! So how did you do it?" I sat down at our kitchen nook table and Dylan took the other seat. He was so happy, he didn't seem to notice my use of our old nickname for him.

"Well I was planning on pretending to bump into her on my way to my car, but apparently that wasn't necessary." I shook my head at his lameness. Way to be straight forward, bud. "She was standing by the gate and I was texting. I didn't even see her there. I bumped into her and then she was like 'no it's okay. I'm fine' So I told her that she looked really pretty, and asked her to come with me to grab some dinner. We went to the arcade and then to eat some chinese. It was so amazing."

I stared at him. Almost in a trance by his love story. "So who's the man in this relationship?"

He seemed to snap out of his beautiful moment and shot a glare at me. "Me of course, so shut up."

I held up my hands and laughed. "Okay okay. Well I'm happy for you, man. You've been creeping on Chance for long enough. It's good to see you out there again. It's been a while since you dated Heath in the fourth grade."

He shook his head at the memory. "Bad year."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah... So did you make plans to go on a second date?"