Can we not?

"I thought you said it was all in the hips!"

"I lied. Jesus, you really suck at this."

Halo was breathing down my neck as I drew my arm back in preparation of slinging the cabbage patch head. I released my grip on its hair and we all watched silently as my second roll was another complete miss.

"This game is rigged!  My cabbage patch head has an abnormally large nose." I grumbled. Who knew that a simple game of cabbage patch bowling could turn us all into competitive geezers.

Mikey and Halo had taken bets on who would win, Dino already broke one of Halo's moms nick-nacks, and I was using dirty tactics in order to disrupt my competitors concentration.

My skills came into play as Halo's arm glided backwards and he focused on getting a strike. The moment before his hand let go of the bowling ball, cabbage patch head, was the optimum time for distraction. Sure, I realize that I was cheating, and that nobody likes the annoying cheater, but I needed to win. I couldn't just let them make their bets. I needed to spice things up, and I was ready to do that.

Halo's body swept forward, his hands following a smooth path behind him and catching up, reaching ahead of him and.....

"HOLY SHIT!" I bellowed.

The cabbage patch head went tumbling off towards the tv set, far away from it's intended destination.

I held my hands up close to my face and slowly let them down. "Woah. For a second there I thought I had an extra pinky. False alarm. False alarm, guys."

"Cheater!" Halo jumped up and pointed at my face. "You dirty cow!"

"What? I didn't do anything!" I laughed.

Halo ran over to the cabbage patch kid and threatened to throw it at me. "I demand a re-throw!"

"Never! Stop being a girl. It's your obligation to not get distracted."

"Stop making up excuses." Mikey laughed and took the cabbage patch from Halo's hands. "If you pull that stunt on me. I'll have no mercy on your nasty soul." He warned.

I thought about trying to trip him up or distract him, but figured it would be better to leave him as he is. Dino stepped up next. I knew better than to mess with Dino. He probably would destroy me even though he seems nice enough.

So that's how the whole rest of the day went. I couldn't mess with Mikey or Dino, so I just screwed with Halo's rolls and watched as my failing abilities completely ruined my chances of winning. In the end it boiled down to Dino crushing all of us. Mikey tried to knock him down, but there was never really a chance for anyone but Dino to win.

"Crap. I call re-dos!" Halo whinnied. "I didn't get a fair game because of this jerk!" he hooked his thumb towards me.

"Ugh. Not another game. Just add my score onto yours or something." I laid back onto Halo's living room couch. The others followed suit, but of course Halo and Dino had to share butt space. I needed someone to share my butt space with. 

I sighed and mentally reprimanded myself for being too boy-crazy. 

"Well then, what do you want to do?" Halo settled back onto Dino's chest. Dino seemed perfectly content with being made into a human couch.

"Hey, don't look at me." I held up my hands.

"We could play twenty questions again!" We all narrowed our eyes at Halo's suggestion. 

"What about going to the mall? We can go guy rating!" I piped in.

When Jennevieve and I went out, we usually ended up going to public places like the mall or a pool and just rating guys of their hotness level on a scale of one to ten.