So that's what that means

"Dude, what even happened to our bowling idea?" Dino drove with one hand on the wheel and one hand on the headrest of Halo's seat. 

"No money, remember?"

"Right."

"We'll we can always do some kind of makeshift bowling."  Halo suggested. "Use empty coke bottles and a watermelon or something of similar shape."

"I don't really think a watermelon would be a fair bowling ball." Mikey voiced exactly what I was thinking.

While Halo and Mikey discussed household appliances that could be used for bowling I propped my feet up on the back of Halo's seat and leaned my head back. Walking around the mall without any plans sure takes a lot of energy.

As it turned out I was told to sit next to Mikey on the trip back, and of course I had no problems with that. I never noticed before though how Mikey was a bit taller than me. His torso stretched up farther than mine past the seat top. Of course it was a little embarrassing that the guy I liked was taller than me, but I found it kind of attractive.

A thought came to my mind that sent a shock through my spine. My eyes widened and I had to sit up to think properly.

Mikey's personality is slightly reserved. He's really nice. He's a bit shy, but is good at making conversation. He has cool friends and does yoga.

My personality is slightly outgoing. I'm lazy, lusty and annoying at times. My friends are freaks just like me, and I don't know how to talk to people correctly. I'm completely useless at making conversation. Plus I'm a wanna-be writer.

Maybe it was just me being stupid as usual, but neither of our personalities seem dominant. Our characteristics are both non-manly and neither of us are people that make the first move.

I sat back against the seat as this realization sank in. Would that be a big problem?

If we ever did get together, who would be the top? Sure, Mikey was taller than me, but he is so shy and adorable I can't see him putting the moves on me. Then again how could I possibly be the top? It's just not in my nature.

I could see Mikey being a bottom if he was partnered with a huge, muscular guy, but with me? No way.

Can this work out?

My eyes closed and I worked through possible outcomes of our scenario. I couldn't even start a scenario because I couldn't picture one of us asking the other out.

"AGH!" 

I won't give up hope! I have already developed a crush on him, so when the time comes I will be the one to ask him out! I have to stay strong and go after what I want.

My hopes were inflated and a surge of eagerness blasted through my bones.

"Ugh, Ave? You alright?" Mikey was staring at me with one eyebrow raised. Little did he know that he was the reason for my uncalled for outburst.

"Yeah." I giggled in a manly way and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm just really excited about bowling."

"That's the spirit, Ave!" Halo cheered. "I'll be sure to crush your score!"

That got a laugh out of Mikey. He reached a hand up in front of my ear and whispered, "Halo may talk big, but the real ace player at bowling is Dino. You gotta watch out for him."

"Roger that, Captain." I swallowed and lowered my eyes to the ground. It wasn't just me though. Anyone that just had their ear suddenly whispered into would be all embarrassed.

"Hey you two! What are you sensually whispering about?" Halo suggestively chuckled.

"Oh, you know..." Mikey smiled and shrugged at me. "bowling."