"Who be Speaking on My Phone?"

Did i really want to do this?

I looked around at my poster infested walls. I could always spend my weekend alone. Maybe i would invite Jenn over, and we could watch the Princess and the Frog. That was our favorite movie.

My thumb hovered above the call button on my phone.

I needed to make a decision. Even though it was only Wednesday.

Ever since i was younger, i liked spending my weekends with my family. I had some kind of home deprivation disorder. If i was away too long i would get twitchy. Home sick. Which wasn't very helpful for keeping a manly profile.

I remember in the fourth grade, my good friend Lance invited me to spend the night at his house. It was my first "sleepover" so of course i ha dto go. I was so excited. Packing my bag with lots of unnecessary items like a hair brush, floss, three pairs of pants, my sock monkey, an old dinosaur book, and a couple of hats. At first it was a lot of fun. We played in his backyard most of the time. He had a tree house that was almost twenty feet high, bu then it turned to night and we had to go to bed. It was horrible because he had to listen to music as he fell asleep. It wasn't normal music either. It was the Mozart stuff that sounds horrific in the dark. With lots of scary piano and all that jazz. So when Lance fell asleep, i got up and went to the kitchen. Which was a bad idea. There was moonlight fading through the curtains that gave the room an eerie glow. I thought an axe murderer was going to emerge from the pantry and stab me to death. Luckily i could run like a freaking black guy. So i ran as fast as i could. On my way back to Lance's room, i ran into a chair. Thinking it was the axe murderers accomplice, i screamed and ran even faster. The sad part was, when i was bone-afraid, i couldn't control my bladder. Which was bad for Lance's mom's carpet. It was an ugly green color anyway. Nobody would notice. I spent the rest of the night locked in their bathroom, which is where my mother found me when she came to pick me up.

We never mentioned that night afterwards, but Lance sure as heck did. He told the whole school that i peed on his floor. At first it ruined my life, until i found the silver lining in that story. I started using that to ward off my enemies. Whenever some jerk came over to my lunch table to make fun of me, i would threaten them with my pee. "Ill take a piss right now if you don't leave me alone! No joke, buddy. I have excellent aim." It was amazing how everyone stayed away from me afterwards.

Eventually Lance moved to Kentucky, and everyone forgot about the whole thing. I started to make friends, and i got my life back. I still havent been to a sleepover. Well except for Jenn coming over here.

Jenn reminded me of that fiasco the day before i went to camp gay-away. At that, i almost didnt go. A whole two days away from home would be torture. I convinced myself that i would call every few hours, and that Laura would skype me. Well Callie apparently had to help, but as long as i got my family fix. All would be well.

I obviously made it in one piece, so what was there to worry about?

I shook my head and laughed. How could i compare a sleepover from like twenty years ago to me spending a day with my friends? And yes, i considered Halo, Dino, and Mikey my friends already. Spending forty something hours with a few people tends to bring you close.

My thumb started to push down on the dial button, but then i hesitated. Come on Avias. Be a man. You're a momma's boy you loser. Do something fun for once.

I nodded. I needed to get out of here, and this was my chance. Maybe Jenn could tag along and meet the guys. That would be fun.

I'm doing this, i muttered to myself before pressing the green phone. I heard the echo of a ring. Halo better pick up. I'm not calling again.