First Day

"So this is it?" I asked. My hands were holding tightly to the papers and small bag I was holding. Now that I was actually here, things seemed so much more... real.

"I guess so." Jenn mumbled. Her eyes searched and memorized every detail of this place. It was quite surprising actually. I was expecting more posters. Maybe with cute little pictures of non gay boys. I was also looking for some cross of some sort. I mean it was a religious camp. It's not like it would be weird to find a few Jesus posters in a churchly area.

"Is this where I sign you up?" Jenn asked.

There was a little office up ahead that was surrounded by glass walls. You could see the few people inside just sitting around. It obviously wasn't that busy of a place considering the lack of work being done.

"I guess so."

We both pushed on the heavy wooden door that stood out against the glass and it rolled open. Everyone's head turned out way, and by everyone I mean the two women chatting at a desk.

After a few seconds of staring at eachother one of the ladies coughed. That seemed to break everyone out of their trance and things started progressing.

"Can we help you two?" A woman with squarely cut hair questioned. She was wearing what looked like scrubs, except it was pink and had flowers all over it.

"Umm yeah. Is this where you sign in?"

"Yeah hun. You kids come back here and fill out some papers." The same lady answered. Her brown eyes never left us throughout the short conversation and it was starting to creep me out.

"We already signed some stuff. Got it on line." Jenn grumbled. She didn't look particularly happy to be here, but who would be. This looked more like a cemetery than a camp. A concentration camp maybe, I added bitterly.

I shook my head clearing the morbid thoughts.

"Well aren't you two over achievers."

"Hahaha. Yeah." We faked enthusiasm.

"So which one of you is joining?" The other lady asked, speaking for the first time. She had a very manly voice.

Jenn and I exchanged looks before saying. "I thought this camp was only for boys."

"It is." They both answered.

Maybe we should just leave, I telepathically messaged Jenn. these people were obviously all insane. Sadly she didn't get my message and shook her head.

"He's joining. I'm just here to sign him in." Hooking her thumb at me.

"Alright. Just sign this form stating that you are aware your friend here is entering G-Away, and if anything happens to him it will be put on your shoulders." Dear Jesus. And what the hell was she talking about G-Away?