Dark halls change people

"No."

"Please Ave?"

"Nope."

"Come on! I'll love you forever!" Dylan begged over the phone.

"You already love me forever, fool."

"Aveeeey." He cried. "Please! You don't know how fired I'll be if I don't show up to work tonight!"

"There's only one degree of being fired." I shot back blandly. "and it's getting fired."

"Avias. Come on. What do I have to do? Wont you just be a good friend and cover for me?" Dylan was pulling all the cards now.

"And deliver pizzas? No." My backpack was lying patiently on the table, so I grabbed it and headed for the school exit.

"It's a Friday anyway. It's not like you have any plans."

I turned around. My face swirling into a grimace."Why you little-"

"Oh come on Ave." Jenn defended Dylan. "He's going to try and ask Chance out. You could be a good friend and cover for him once."

I gave the two losers a look. Why me? Jenn could do this. I was expecting a call from Halo this weekend. What if he called when I was delivering pizzas? Then my plans could be ruined.

Both of their puppy dog faces bore holes into my soul. "Okay! Fine!"

"Yay!" Dylan jumped up and hugged me. "Thanks buddy! I'll tell you what happens first, since you're doing all of this for me."

"Stop being a girl." I giggled and slapped his butt. That's how you get rid of straight men.  "Now leave me in peace."

"But I'm giving you a ride to pizza palacio." He lifted one eyebrow. Sadly he was too desensitized to my gay antics. Too bad. I need new friends.

"That's okay. I can drive." I smirked.

"Do you know how to get there?" Dylan mirrored my expression.

"No, but I can follow you."

"Fine. Just keep up." He wiggled his eyebrows then strode off towards the parking lot. The nerve of some people.

I slammed the car door shut to alleviate my anger. Was driving that fast necessary? The big dirt bag. At least I wasn't late.

I looked down into the paper bag I was holding. I had to wear a uniform. Yuck. I don't even think he washed it. Ya- nasty.

The gravel crunched under my black boots, making me feel powerful. I'm not sure how, but I did. By the time I reached the front door, I felt as if I had godzilla-like powers, and hit the wall with the door.

"Oops." I scurried inside and ran back into the bathroom to change. As long as I was wearing the uniform would anyone know that I didn't work here? I had never done something like this before. I've never worked before. Not to sound like a brat, but we're not a poor family or anything. Why would I work until I wen't to college?

It took about four minutes to get out of the skinny jeans and three minutes to put on Dylans clothes.

I stepped up to the mirror to wash my hands.

"Daaaang." I did some sideways turns. "I look hot."  His clothes were a little bit big on me, and it looked freaking adorable, if I do say so myself.

Well, time to deliver some pizzas.

I walked into what I guess was the kitchen area. It smelled like refrigerator, if that even has a smell.

"Hello!" I raised my hand to signal my arrival. Was I supposed to check in?