oh, Dylan

"I don't know about you," Dylan turned to frown at me, "but I don't think I will ever understand women and their emotions."

I laughed lightly and carelessly placed an arm on Dylan's shoulder. "I think most men have that problem. Well, besides the lucky men, such as myself."

"If you can even call yourself a man." Dylan joked as we lazily made our way down the halls of this dreaded school.

"Oh, I'm all man." I winked. Dylan gave me a shove that made me stumble back a few steps.

"You're so gross."

I laughed at his obvious discomfort before thinking back to why he brought up this subject in the first place. "So whose the lucky girl, huh?" I elbowed Dylan who turned his head to the side and tried to hide a blush.

No blushes ever get past Avias. I have built in heat sensors that detect awkward and emotional feelings.

I gasped then turned around to walk in front of him. "I saw that! Spill, lover boy!"

"Shut up. I don't have to tell you anything." He harrumphed.

Ha. He thinks he doesn't have to tell me. Cute.

"I tell you everything!" I complained, for my first tactic. Maybe guilt will make him willing to give me the information I need.

"That's called being an attention whore. You don't have to tell me everything that happens in your life." Dylan shifted the books in his arms and tried to lift his backpack farther up his shoulder.

I didn't say anything. Just stared at my friend with mouth agape.

Did I actually seem like an attention whore? I thought it was nice of me to share important things, but I guess I won't anymore.

I looked down to the ground and turned back so that I could walk side by side with Dylan. Was I talking too much about camp gay-away? Why didn't anyone tell me that I was being annoying with all my self-centeredness? Oh god... was I turning into one of those 'dorito tanned' chicks that complain about there lives all day?

"Ave." Dylan looked slightly down at me. A fringe of his light brown hair covered the top of his eye. "I was joking."

My mouth swung open again, and my arm slung out to whack him in the arm. "You dirty whore! I thought you were serious."

"I'm not heartless." He laughed, probably glad to have changed the topic.

Now that I know he was joking, I was going to re-try and get my information.

"So..." I looped my arm through his after we walked through a door, straight into the burning sun. "Who's the girl?"

"First off, get your arm off of me you gay-wad." He shook my arm out of his and tucked his hands safely in his pockets. "and you wouldn't know her."

"Try me." I challenged, completely used to the gay comment.

"Fine." He grumbled and pulled something out of his pocket. His phone...

"You have a crush... on your cellphone?" I put a hand over my mouth. I knew I was making a stupid joke, but I couldn't help it.

"So funny." Dylan fake laughed and pressed a few buttons, turning the screen to me.

"Chance?" I asked looking at the picture on his phone, slightly miffed.

Chance Liftly was one of those people that you know... but you don't talk to, or really think about.

She was fairly nice from what I understood, and kinda funny, but I didn't see her as the dating type. She was pretty average. Normal clothes, mild personality, and average length hair. Nothing crazy. Which was strange for this school. Usually, most people here have something insanely wrong with them, or they have small quirks. Like Peter's anger issues, Jenn's strange multiple personality-ness, Dylan's protective nature,  and my totally rainbow, butt-fondling gayness.