Chapter 19. Foreign Field

I quickly gather my things. I felt like i wouldn't be home for days. but i got dressed into shorts, and a top. I put Soda's jacket around my waist. I put on my white high-top converse. I put the letters in my pocket and was about to go out the door. I realized i should say bye to Dallas. I walked over to dally and hugged him. I then said " I love you, I'll see you soon" Dally smiled at me and hugged me back. " I love you too. stay safe"

For once in my life there was no yelling, no questions, or abuse from my brother. I think he realized last night that I should be on my own. And that I can take are of myself. I felt like this day would be great. I walked out the door. Feeling the morning breeze but it felt weird. But i could smell the rain from last night. Although it was not sunny, I have always liked cloudy and cold days. It makes me feel the way i used to as a kid.

I start walking to The Curtis' house. I knew when i got there, Soda wouldn't be there, and I knew that for a fact.  I finally get to the house. I knock on the door, and Ponyboy answers. Before any of us said anything i handed him the second page of my letter. He grabbed it out of my hand and began to read it. Pony looked up to me. " Soda didn't come home last night, I know where he is." 

I grabbed the letter from Pony and said " where?" Pony walked pass me out to the street. I followed behind him. He pointed Down the street to his right " he's at the cemetery." I looked at Pony confused. " Cemetery?" Pony nodded his head and i started walking  down the street. Everything about this felt off. How did Pony know right away...? 

I finally reach a cemetery and walk in. The air around me got really cold, and i felt strange. I see someone all the way across the cemetery. I started walking but then stopped once I saw who it was. I look closer and it was Soda. But as i said before, this seemed off. I couldn't believe this. This has to be fake. This is too easy. But i walk over to him anyways....