Chapter 2. Steve Randle

Soda, and Dally were always protective about me. Especially when it comes to boys, and smoking. I realize I can't get mad at them so I walk back in the house. But as I do I run into Soda. I start to get furious. " I knew that would happen." I storm pass Soda then sit back on the couch where i was. But before I did I grabbed Pony's pack of cancer sticks. Then sat down.

Whenever I get angry, I need to smoke. I take out a stick then place the pack on the side of me. I start to light one but then Dally walks over to me and grabs it out of my hand. " Brodi, I thought we told you. No smoking!! Your 14." I could tell Soda felt nervous about this.             " Dally.." Soda tried to get Dally out of my face.

I couldn't take anymore shit from my brother. I stood up and pushed him out of the way. And walked out the house, slamming the door behind me. I continued walking to the corner of the street. I felt like I just needed head space. Everything around me has just been the worst.

Being the only girl in a guy friend group is harder than you would imagine. I had an extra cancer stick in my pocket. I took it out then lit it. I decided to lean against a wall next to me. Feeling the early evening wind is the best thing to feel right now.

I see someone walking down the street to me. I could already tell who it was considering the outfit he was wearing.  I run down the street to him. I hug him then say " oh my god Steve, you don't know how happy i am to see you."  Steve hugs me back. " woah, okay, why what's wrong Brodi?" I stop hugging him then cross my arms.

" nothing, I just wanted to get out of the house" Steve looks at me then places his hand on top of my head. " Brodi, knowing you, its never nothing" I take his hand of my head and say. "Okay well it's just Dally." Steve puts his hands in his pockets.  " What happened between you and Dally?"

I hug Steve again placing my head near his shoulder. I then say " Dally thinks i look like a whore, and Dally won't let me smoke, Soda doesn't mind my outfit, But he does care about me smoking to. I don't know why they can just let me smoke, or let me dress the way I like."

Steve takes his hands out of his pockets hugging me tighter as I'm still against him. " well first of all Dally is your brother. I would be concerned too. And Soda is your boyfriend. I would expect his reaction." All of a sudden I hear yelling coming from the curtis' house...