Chapter 4. Sunset

Steve looked sad, but tried to explain as much as he could. I stood there silently waiting for his reply. " Brodi, look. once i got in the house i saw Dally and Soda fighting-" i shake my head slowly still listening to Steve. " Dally found something out about Soda and-" i interrupt Steve with a quiet voice. " get to the point" Steve put his hand over his head and then said " Soda cheated on you"

I was in total shock, i got a little mad and confused. i raised my voice a little. " wait, Soda cheated on me?" i got so frustrated, i begin to laugh while looking at Steve almost crying, " ha, i need to go." I begin to walk away from the house passing the gate. but once i do i then ask Steve something. " did you know? when did he do this?" Steve stuttered and said " i- Brodi... it was 2 days ago. don't leave! "

I continue walking straight ahead down the street. I was not mad at Soda, no. But i had an idea of why he cheated. He wasn't the type to do this though. everything about this situation seemed off, but i continued to walk the streets till i reached a tree in a park, I stayed there as long as i felt i needed to. The sun was starting to go down, feeling the evening breeze made me calm.

I hear people behind me, i had a bad feeling about their presence. seeing Soda was the last thing i needed... or was it. I kept hearing people behind me, but there was no one there, I look over my right shoulder, but when i looked back forward there was someone there. " Soda...?"