Chapter 18. Never Alone

I then move over and lean against the bathroom door. Getting cut by glass while moving. Of course it hurt, but i didn't really care. Dally stopped trying to open the door. I then said softly " I wish that i was good enough" Dally was silent, but i knew he was there. " I wished you cared a little more..." I stood up and away from the door. I opened the door and saw dally standing there.

He was crying. I hugged him. but i was still soaked from the rain, and all my tears.I begin to walk away from him. But then he grabs my arm " I'm tired of you running, just please tell me whats wrong" I look at him, but don't pull my arm away. " this house no longer feels like home" Dally let go of my arm, and i walked away from him going up stairs to my room. As i do i hear him say   " its so quiet here now a days." He then picks up the glass in the bathroom. 

I know he cares for me, but i haven't been the best sister towards him, and i already regret it. I decide to sleep at my house in my bed.  I cried most of the night thinking about Soda. I realize I left his sweater on the floor in front of the bathroom door. I wanted to get it, but i felt like it would just hurt my feelings even more.

I woke up next morning, I went down the stairs to hear a knock on the door. I opened the door and saw no one there. But then I saw a letter on the floor. I picked it up but didn't see a return address. I took it inside and sat at my kitchen table. Dally was in the other room watching t.v. I had a strong feeling this was about Soda.

I glanced over at the sweater on the floor. I decided to pick it up and place it on the table next to the letter. I then opened the letter, it was two pages long, it read. " Dear Brodi,  I know you may be confused on why I ran off yesterday night. Its a long story, but i hope you forgive me. But since its you I will explain a little bit of it. Iv'e been told to get you off my mind, and forget everything about you. I try to pretend that I do, but i never do. I think about you every part of the day. I know you can't write back, but that's the point. I don't want you to know where i am. I will be sending you letter almost everyday. Not loving you is impossible. Now thinking about it, I should actually explain this better. ( next page)

You will see me soon. In fact really soon, maybe even today. You are a smart girl, and i know you can figure this out *IRA IBBS*"   I then close the letter and realize right away what it meant. I was shocked but tried to keep calm around Dallas. I then said under my breath, finally realizing where he wanted me to go. " Pony..."