Chapter 5. Trauma

I was shocked but then got mad  "what do you want!" To my surprise he was really calm, and still a little sad, I didn't know whether to be mad at him or not. " Brodi i need to explain something to you." I lift my head and scan his sad face. i knew i couldn't be mad. "okay fine"  he looked at me again  " can we sit?" I agreed and sat on the ground against the tree with him looking at the sunset. " how did you know i would be here?" 

Soda looks away for a second, but when he looked back at me he had tears in his eyes. " why wouldn't i know where you are...this is your favorite place to go." He tried not to cry but smiled at me. I felt so bad and i knew something was definitely wrong. I smiled back. Soda grabbed my hand, but i took mine away from his, i just felt so betrayed. He looked down at our hands then pulled his away too.

" Brodi, it's not what you think, Dally over exaggerated, i didn't actually cheat on you" I look concerned turning my head to Soda. " what do you mean over exaggerated? and Steve told me.." Soda looked at me side to side with tears still in his eyes. " well what did Steve say?" I look away then back at him " well... i guess the same thing, that you cheated on me."  Soda tried to grab my hand again, but i pulled away again. 

He looks at me and begins to raise his voice. " whats wrong with you?" He reaches my hand again but i pull away once more, he continues to try and grab me, but on my wrist, and once he does i say. " don't touch me!" I pull my arm away really fast. soda looked sad, and mad at the same time. I realized i hurt his feelings. "Sod-" Soda interrupts me but with an angry voice.

" Okay fine, be like that!" He stood up and began to walk away from me, i realized he just wanted my attention, and he still hasn't told me his story. I get up and run over to Soda stopping in front of him.  " Soda!...wait. i'm sorry" I grab his hand, even though i wasn't comfortable with it. Soda tries to take his hand out of mine, but i wouldn't let him go. " Brodi let go of me"  I begin to cry.    " Soda, please stay, i'm sorry i was such a jerk, just stay." 

I felt the wind blowing through my hair while looking at the hue of pink, purple, and orange just over the horizon. I then stare into Soda's deep blue eyes. A tear runs down his cheek, " don't cry" I hold his hand tighter about to kiss him. but as i'm about to, i hear someone call my name softly in the distance. " brodi..."