Chapter 15. Never an Honest Word

I start to walk away but then Dally grabs my wrist. " shit Dally that hurts!" Dally looks at me strangely, but then grabs my wrist again " what do you mean that hurts? what did you do?" I pull my wrist away from Dally then said " leave me alone!" I then run out the door. I could hear Dally's yelling. The cold evening wind, and then the silence. Things just never change...

I continue down the streets, and soon reach the Curtis' house. I knock on the door, but no one answers, I then knock again. Someone answers the door. It's Soda. " Soda! i'm sorry i'm so rude to you" Soda just nods his head. I felt so bad and just hugged him, he didn't hug me back though. I now knew I actually fucked up this time. I release my grip from Soda " whats wrong?" It almost looked like he wanted to cry.

"can we walk?" I stared silently at Soda's eyes and say " yeah, we can walk" After about 10 minutes of walking he then said " No one ever said it would be so hard"  I'm still silent for a second then reply, "what do you mean?" We keep walking for a while but then we reach the Tree in the park again.  " What are we doing here?" Soda takes my hand and says " Do you want to hear that story now?" I just nod my head.

Soda tells me to sit down with him, I sit then stare into Soda's eyes. Soda seemed nervous about this situation, but I knew he wanted to tell me the story. He then explains the story " I was out one day, and i came across some girls i used to go to school with before i dropped out, and they invited me somewhere. I went. But I didn't know it would turn into something bad. They made me do things i didn't want to. I became stressed over it, and i decided to tell Dally, but he took it the wrong way, and thought i cheated on you." Soda wanted to cry. I saw him look at me with despair, or like feeling helpless. 

I stared at Soda for the longest time before i could give him a reply back to his story. I knew something was off about the situation before, but i didn't know it would effect him so much. I love Soda with all my heart, and he knows that. I just think he doesn't know that I know that he loves me. I know he does. But he doesn't seem to understand my point of view..