31: Shit going down

I need someone with secretsThat nobody knows

That nobody knows

-Gansgta, Kehlani

The clan club at shinsa dong almost reflected the one in Gaphae where I worked. The same one-storied building in black, wooden placard with the club's name written in green neon light that illuminated a part of the street, but everything else too dark and too lonely for it to be a Christmas night.

The one in Gaphae was reeking with heavy sweat and wine, the ground trembling with the loud music and people dancing on it. It was a holiday after all.

Yet the eerie feeling I was getting here while standing outside by the car was making me shudder and I knew it just wasn't for the cold wind whipping me around.

"I wonder what's going inside," Changkyun, the only one who was left with me outside, said for being younger just like I was. He hugged his black trench coat as he exhaled to his high collars letting out a puff of a wintery cloud.

Biting the insides of my cheeks I shifted from my left leg to right. Something bad definitely was going on, there was a feeling that was wrenching my guts and making my palms sweat even in the glacial night of winter.

"Maybe...," I stammered, hesitating, "Maybe we should go inside."

The snow was falling softly on our skin, making the cells on my face going numb. Changkyun sniffed to himself and then rubbed his nose with the back of his gloved hand. "Maybe we should?"

There was an uncertainty in his voice, probably he did not want to get in trouble after Kihyun lectured him to stay.

A thought nipped at my brain, if Changkyun was really staying to just watch me.

"We should," I said with certainty. The thugs that had entered the club were said to have scare everyone, making people run out of the place. This was definitely not a kid's play but I just could not stand outside sucking on my thumb.

"I don't think we should go empty-handed," Changkyun let out a sigh, his breath turning into white fog. Snowflakes falling on his black hair and disappearing right after. "I might have something in the back of the car."

"Yeah, but Wonho took it." All I knew was there was a baseball bat, THAT renown baseball bat which the bubblegum head took before he left.

But when Changkyun opened the trunk a loud gasp left my mouth, a revolver- a damn revolver laid helplessly there.

"What...!" Close to no words could come out of my mouth as I stared at him incredulously. The gothic boy only held the firearm up with his black-gloved hand, wrapping his fingers around the grip and putting one on the trigger, the tip facing the sky.

A lopsided smirk slowly crept up to his face, turning into a feline grin soon. "Do you think this is real?"

My jaw almost fell on the gravel. He almost resembled a Cheshire cat with that grin as he shook the pistol. "This baby is fake but it does not matter, does it? Looks pretty much real to me."