13: An interest sparks

I'm fascinated by the bright light of your beauty

-Shine forever,
Monsta x

The next day when I was having lunch in the university cafeteria with an accounting book lying in front of me I felt someone sit on the opposite direction in the empty table I was occupying myself alone, like the queen or the antisocial rat I was.

"I hope you wouldn't mind me sitting here," The chirpy voice made me look up to a mess called hot pink.

It was actually a man, a very buff man with a charming smile and a head filled with dazzling pink hair.

I would've dramatically spit my soup out now if I was an idiot on top of being a rat.

"You dyed your hair," for some reason I stammered on my word, which I never do actually. I would either speak like a bitch or be mute but the bubblegum head genuinely surprised me.

"You said pink would look good on me," Wonho gave me an eye smile as he stirred his ramen with his wooden chopsticks. "While you were talking about movies yesterday you know I thought..."

The words floated in the atmosphere but did not reach me. I watched the bright pink on his head, brighter than anything I had seen if I removed the sun from the list. It contrasted with his pale complexion, rosy cheeks, and blushing lips, giving him a look that would make any living being turn around and look twice before minding their own.

"Are you listening to me?" His small voice took me back to reality. "So we are watching a movie tonight?"

"I'm sorry what?" I tried not to let his hair distract me and looked at the man smile at me again.

"Hyungwon wanted to rent some DVDs so I thought, you could join too."

Wouldn't I just be a third wheel here? And truly I did not even know these guys enough to watch movies with them.

"Too bad I wouldn't be able to join too," The sudden voice from the side gave me a jump-scare and this time, I did spit out some of my food to my bawl.

"Hi!" The spooky senior from my major waved at me as he sat right beside me and I immediately packed my book in my bag as if it was a reflex action my brain had prepared to prevent any unfortunate event.

My throat burned for the spicy soup when I tried to speak so I decided to keep it short. "I have an afternoon class," and I immediately pivoted on my heels after that.

"See you tonight then," Wonho's voice trailed behind when I practically ran away.

Even after telling myself it was enough running away for me, I guess it wasn't.

***

When the night arrived and I arrived at the clan club I was wondering what my actual purpose was here again, what they had planned for me because I still lacked much of a clue and it was entirely their fault not to be clear-cut in the first place.