5: Biggest mistake

The game is starting nowTag, you're it

Tag, you're it

-peek a boo, red velvet

Monday and I was trapped inside the English club room yet again. I felt like there were fewer people here than last week, or it could be my eyes doing tricks, OR it could be me finally coping with the crowd but that would be entirely impossible for a born antisocial like me.

"Are you done?" Haneul approached me with a smile on her face. She sheepishly fixed her thick glasses before peering from the side to see the content of the paper on my hand.

I felt a bit embarrassed as my essay was actually really short but I didn't say anything nor did I try to hide the paper. Before I had seen the other club recruiters trying to lure in people to join their clubs saying it would be 'fun'. That's when I realized the English club never did that. There were almost no advertising yet people were here. And it indeed wasn’t fun.

It was more like an actual class than 'fun' or 'exciting' club activity. We had to write essays on spot on different topics today. And when I picked 'modern politics' I knew I was done for.

"Aren't you going to submit it to them?" She asked. "Already did mine."

"I will."

I was just waiting for the crowd to get thinner before I approached them.

When I was there to quickly hand out that one sheet of paper it was the Wonho guy taking it from me and I had to quickly exhale a breath of relief. Changkyun, Minhyuk and Kihyun gave me the heebie zeebies already.

"You're good!" He gave a short glimpse on the sheet of paper before smiling at me.

Why are you lying I literally wrote nothing. "Thank you."

"I can see that your vocabulary is actually expanded than some other newer members though you wrote only a little," Shownu said as he stood beside Wonho's side. Did these two bodybuilders always come in pair, or?

"I'll try to be better next time, thank you," I shifted on my legs eager to go home so I could start working on the online translation of a shitty book some author had written. Freelancing, was also one of the things that took up a lot of my time.

"The topic was not familiar to you, right?" Shownu said and right after he looked at Wonho who only nodded with a smile, his eyes still raking that paper up and down.

"By the way, Jooheon can you stop shooting that laser on my back?" Wonho said as he looked up, then he looked back to Jooheon and Hyungwon who were sitting on the desks from a corner of the room and Jooheon was shooting a red laser light on Wonho's buttocks.

"I told you he has eyes behind his back!" Jooheon screeched at Hyungwon.

"Shownu gave him the signal why couldn't you notice that?" The long and curly haired boy rolled his eyes at the Korean literature.

"I'll be leaving. Thank you for your hard work," I left quickly, taking my bagpack and checking my wristwatch.

At this point, only the two most bulky guys felt innocent to me, other two of them seemed like brats, another one was a smoker YET a tiny brat, another was a goth, last but not the least the one from my major could be a psycho.

But there was probably more, something inside me told me and I was not eager to find out. It genuinely surprised me why I was already spending so much energy thinking about these boys.

Rest of the day, I was determined to use less energy on anything and by anything I meant work too, but nature surely wasn't on my side.

When I entered the convenience store for my night shift at nine, it wasn't my co worker Hongbin greeting me with a happy face to finally be able to flee from his shift, but the middle aged short haired lady, the owner of the store. And she always meant bad news.

"Thanks god you finally decided to show up," Uttering a fake sounding sigh she opened the cashier's drawyer she was sitting behind, that was my spot actually. She pulled out a few dollar notes and put it on the table.

Her dead eyes bored onto mine. "There's a club at gaphae, good thing it's closer to your place. It's called the clan. They're giving us a curton of beers from their own company to sell at the store."

"You want me to go and pick it up?"

She guestered at the money on the table. "There's your bus fare."

The lady probably expected me to know the address of 'the clan' club but I barely even knew who lived next door. When I took the bus my only reliable friend was the Google map. The club was not as close to my home. I thought it would be a small place, maybe a bar.

I was wrong.

Gaphae, a place that was one hour away from Seoul which meant I had to commute two hours to go to school everyday had a huge club with even a bigger nameplate on top 'the clan' and an X in the middle illuminating in the dark and even in front of it was a good amount of cars and people, expensive cars and people.

My palms had already started to sweat when I told the security why I got there and saw an amount of crowd inside.

Unlike movies there wasn't any loud music going on. People weren't dancing or griding on each other like those chick-flicks though it was dark, green and blue lights beaming everywhere with edm music playing in the background, everyone, every thing, was quite chill, if that's how I'd describe it.

I wanted to get it over with. It didn't take long for the bartender to ask about my store and come up with a huge curton box. I didn't know much about business but it was probably free promotion for them, free money for the store owner.

This time again, I decided to take the back door while I tried to balance the box on my hands. The front gate already had people lining up.

When I quickly tried to make my way, I was thinking up ways to get this huge and heavy box to the store without hiring a taxi so it could cost less but then, I witnessed something, actually voices, voices that were eerily similar to some I'd hear at the English club.

The American accent guy, the blue and turquoise hair, even the korean literature?

They say curiosity killed the cat and it really did because I shouldn't have went to check, taken a few steps to the right until it wasn't dark anymore and there was another parking lot in the open space with street lamps and a few people.

Some of them eerily familiar, yet not.

That's when I also realized that I always make mistakes by choosing shortcuts, by that I mean the backdoors.

But this was probably the biggest mistake of my life.

---
A/n: anyone under quarantine or lockdown?

Please take care of yourself okay? :( i don't want you sick :(