15: The whale takes you

Just looking at youMakes me smile

Just looking at you
Makes me smile

-beautiful feeling, day6

"So you still have not finished them yet?" Kihyun said, his voice a stark above his usual tone.

To me it felt like he always had a cloud surrounding him, though I realized there wasn’t a cigarette in his hand this time.

It was a cloud of a dark aura. Which was almost invisible whenever I saw him at the university considering how his outfits would change, but if I ever looked closely, just a tiny bit, I would see it again. The aura surrounding him.

It was more visible when I was at the clan club like now when he was standing close to me.

It was as if he had a wall built around him.

Why was I even observing him?

"It's a lot," I said briefly, my eyes darting back to the table before me which had a pile of colorful files making a small mountain on top of it.

With a dramatic and fake sigh (clearly) Kihyun left me to that dark lone side of the couch with multiple paperwork in front of me. And when I took one from the pile I wondered what was I doing here again. I did not belong here.

Suddenly I felt the anger slowly boiling inside of me again. The printed letters on these papers seemed futile and empty. I knew there was so much going on behind the scenes yet I knew nothing and I wanted to know more.

There was so much to ask but why?

Why was I getting involved in this even more.

"I see you're taking this seriously," When a familiar voice said I realized how my nails were digging onto those papers, how I was on the verge of tearing them apart unknowingly.

"I'm trying," I let my grab go loose. It was Minhyuk sitting before me. Wearing a black tshirt and some silver coloured chains that adorned his slender neck well. He put a hand on the back of his head, looking at anywhere except me.

"I know you are avoiding me for some reasons but Kihyun told me to help you out."

I averted my eyes from him, as well as taking notes mentally that he had realized how often I ran away seeing him.

The word 'similar' ticked me off, he ticked me off, his presence annoyed me, it scared me because he felt like a psycho yet I understood why Wonho or Minhyuk himself thought I was similar to him.

Joining my hands together then setting them on my lap I took a moment to myself before I spoke up, "Yes, please. Help me if you can."

Enough running away. For real, this time.

And when I saw his face it had one of his brightest smiles on. "Well, thank god! I thought you hated me," his eyes glimmered even in the dark. "I just wanted to get close to you. Since you were from my major and the English club, then you're working here as well."