21: The fleeting moments

My heart is pounding tonightI wonder if you're too good to be true

I wonder if you're too good to be true

-Sweet night, V

Inside the shooting place it was nothing extravagant, in fact, it was quite a small room with nothing but plain white walls, some rack holders of cloths and other props that could be added to the photoshoot. But it was my first ever time watching one as Hyungwon stood by my side with a chin on his hand and his other folded to his chest.

"Sunbae, is this alright?" Our model who was called Seonghwa said with a polite smile as he held up the guilty beer bottle on his hand, the pink one. He had been asking Hyungwon for advises since the start.

I did not know the tall latter was actually renowned on this side of the business.

"Yeah. Another jacket shooting with the blue bottles and I think we will be done," Hyungwon nodded affirmatively and looked towards the photographer who nodded back at him.

"Shownu and Wonho are coming to pick us up," Hyungwon then stared down at me. What about Kihyun, I almost asked but stopped myself.

After working with Kihyun on this project his little moody face was already encrypted in his mind. And I kind of missed his snarky little comments- well, whatever the hell am I thinking here.

"Bummer, the old man calling me at this odd of a time," Hyungwon sighed by my side as he looked at his ringing phone on his hand. Shutting it down he put it back on his jean's pocket.

I did not want to make a remark on this, albeit I couldn't stop myself from making one. "Your dad?"

The long haired one silently looked at me for a brief second. "Yeah. He calls me once in a month to ask for money now that I have bought all his shares."

There was no expression on his face, his eyes dead and blank. But I could hear the grim tone on his voice and I remembered what Wonho had told me once before. Almost all of them were detached from their families.

"I don't have a dad. He was never in the picture," I did not know what I was thinking when I said that. Perhaps, a part of me wanted to console him. Or perhaps I wanted to feel connected to him.

Hyungwon's eyes got a little wide before they retreated back to their old space. "I know," he said in a small voice. "And it's okay."

Okay to not to have a dad? But I always thought there was something humiliating being a bastard. When I always left a blank space for my father's name, or when people asked why I was bearing my mother's surname, I always ignored.

Because no one would understand. But it seems like he did, they did.

Sound of footsteps approached us and Hyungwon cleared his throat before concentrating on Seonghwa.