Chapter 20

Eren Jeager POV

"Wonder who that could be?" I got up and opened the door and my eyes widened. I froze for a moment before taking action. "Levi," I called.

"Yeah?"

"Take Armin to Mikasa's room, don't come back out until I say so," I said instantly putting Levi on alert. 

"Why? Eren whose here?" 

"Now please," I said with a little more urgency. I looked back long enough to see Levi nod before facing the door again. 

"What the hell are you doing here?!"  I whisper yelled.

"Ellie happy birthday! Wow, you've really changed over the past year and a half." 

"Ellie is not my name, I'll ask you again what the hell are you doing here?"

"Ah still in your boy phase I see, aren't you happy to see me?" 

"Why are you here?!" I yelled not quite bothering to be quiet anymore.

"Why else would I be here, this is my home after all."

"This is not your home anymore!"

"Come on now dear, how about you calm down and we go inside for a little talk." She said trying to push me aside and get in. I quickly stopped her and push her back outside and followed closing the door.

"I will not calm down and you will not step foot inside you aren't welcome here anymore."

"Don't be ridiculous Ellie."

"My name is Eren, that is what you will call me."

"Oh I'm pretty sure I raised up a woman but I suppose we can fix it later. Now I really need a place to stay so I figured I would come and see you guys." 

"Well you are wasting your time, we don't want to see you. Leave. Now." I said getting angrier by the second. I soon felt a stinging pain on my cheek, she had slapped me, it was just like before.

"How dare you talk to me like that! I am your mother!" She yelled.

"I said leave!" I yelled back.

"Let me see my children Ellie." 

"NO!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?!" As we got louder more neighbors came out to see what the issue was but I didn't pay too much attention.

"THEY ARE NOT YOUR CHILDREN! I AM NOT YOUR CHILD! YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CALL YOURSELF A MOTHER?! WHAT KIND OF MOM LEAVES THEIR SIXTEEN-YEAR-OLD TO TAKE CARE OF A NEWBORN AND A FIVE-YEAR-OLD WITH NO MONEY AND NO WAY TO CONTACT YOU. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH TRYING TO MAKE SURE NOTHING HAPPENED TO THEM!" I paused and took a breath trying to calm down, there were tears running down my face but I ignored it for the time being.  "You didn't care then and I know you don't care now, you just ran out of guys to fuck around with and don't have a place to stay. I've spent the last year and a half working so hard that I make myself sick so that I can care for my siblings the way you should have. I won't forgive you for anything you've done. Mikasa still has nightmares from you, you never hit her but she had to stand there and watch as you beat the crap out me, she'll never forget that. I don't want you anywhere near them, you don't have any right to see Mikasa or Armin, we don't need you now. I'll tell you this again, Leave. Don't come back.  I don't care if you have to live on the streets, I never want to see you again. Oh and one more thing, I don't need to be 'fixed'. " 

I didn't wait for a reply I just walked back to the door of my apartment with Levi standing outside of it no doubt listening to everything that had been said. I grabbed Levi's handing and we went back inside. "You're still crying," he said.

"I know."

"Do you want to talk?"

"No, is Armin still sleeping?"

"Yeah, and I had Mikasa put headphones on to watch her video's she doesn't know a thing."

"Thanks," I said and he just nodded, I pulled him to the couch and we laid down again. Levi hit resume on the movie we had been watching, he knew neither of us would be paying attention to it but it was nice back round noise. It took me a bit to completely stop crying but once I did I ended up falling asleep leaning on Levi with him continuing to run his fingers through my hair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 762