Chapter 15.

The next day I decided I should meet up with Q and discuss things. If he really still liked me and wanted to make things work well then he needs to step up his game. Also Christmas is only a week away and I need to know if he's getting me anything so I can give him his presents without feeling awkward. But when I went to his house and knocked on his door, there was no answer. I went home and sat on my porch. Maybe he fled so he won't have to talk to me. I then started thinking about my parents and things they wouldn't let me do when they were alive. I have so much freedom that I don't know what to do with. They never let me get my nosed pierced and maybe I should. I texted Hailey for her opinion.

"Hey, quick question. Nose piercing or no?"

"Obviously yes! Why?"

"You'll see later."

"WAIT! ARE YOU GETTING ONE?"

"I'll talk to you later byeee ;)"

I got into my car and drove to the closest piercing shop. I knew where it was because I've been wanting my nose pierced all my life, so when I was 12 I had a whole plan. I was a wild child you can say. I arrived at the shop and then came out with a new jewel on my face! I literally shrieked of excitement! I rushed home and saw Q was back! Finally. I opened the door to find Hailey sitting on my couch.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in?" I asked

"I came as soon as you texted me so I can see the DIAMOND!!! Also I know where you hide the key. Under the mat is the most obvious place Zoey!"

"Oh haha."

"OH MY GOD! IT'S SO PRETTY! Did it hurt? Where did you get it?"

"Thanks and not at all. Uptown there's a little shop that I've been planning on going to ever since I was 12."

"Oh damn! My daddy would never let me do that. But no one can stop you from doing whatever you want now. So lucky!"

"I wouldn't say I'm lucky. I miss my parents."

"Yeah that's the only downside though."

"Anyway, I'd love to stay and chat but I actually have to do something important. Feel free to relax though. I'll be back soon."

"Oh alright. I'll be upstairs looking though your stuff. The usual. Where are you going?"

"Just to talk to Brian."

"Oh my god? Is it time?"

"Time?"

"Yes! For the talk?"

"I guess so."

I walked outside and went across the street. I needed to know what's going on with him. How he feels. Is this all a prank? Does he really love me? All of this was in my head and I had a tough time to actually knock on the door. But I did and here we go. The door opened.

"Hey!" Q was surprised, I could tell but he was trying to hide it.

"Hey. Uh.. Can we talk?"

"Sure. Come in."

I went inside, good no one was here. This was a perfect moment. Here goes a tough conversation that I've been trying to have. We walked into the kitchen. I sat down on the chair I always used to sit on. Still fits my butt just fine. I smiled at my comment I made to myself.

"Would you like anything to drink?" he asked

"Water would be fine. Thanks." He gave me a cup of water. Ah classy. I took a sip as he sat down with his own cup.

"I like your nose ring. Is it new?" He asked

"Yeah I got it today actually."

"I like it." He smiled

"Thanks." I blushed

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Well let's start with the letter and the bear. That was cute."

"Oh.. It wasn't even finished and I didn't really mean for you to receive it."

"Oh ok. But why would you throw out a bear?"

"I don't know. I felt it was ugly so I tossed it out, I'm actually writing you a different letter... Uhm if you want it that is."

"You don't have to write me anything. The first was good enough and if you started it then sure I'll take a glance." He smiled, it was cute but that's not why I was here.

"I heard about you and Marley."

"Oh... Yeah. She just wasn't...you."

"Me? But you broke up with me.."

"Only because it would've been too hard if we were dating and could be together for 4 years and I didn't want to distract you from your studies."

"I came back on holiday's we could've been together then. Also we could've texted sometimes."

"It was risky because I would've became depressed for not seeing you that long."

"I don't want that but you could've told me that before! I thought you hated me. I had a bad year too because of that!"

"I'm sorry.. I didn't think that would hurt you."

"It did Brian! I really loved you!"

"Loved?.. Oh."

"Love... I still do."

"You do?" His eyes fluttered my heart. He looked so happy because of that one word.

"Yes but it's I don't know. Complicated."

"Listen Zoey. I had a hard time getting over you and never really did. I met Marley and got together with her as a distraction. But oh Zoey! She didn't compare to you! You were my dream girl! You made me happy and when I couldn't have you I got depressed. I truly didn't mean to break up with you that day but I was just shocked and in love. I still am in love. I'm in love with you Zoey! I always have been. When you confronted me with that letter and Marley was there I had no choice. I had to lie to get Marley off my back. I was going to break up with her and then you came around and made us fight so actually that helped give me another reason to dump her. Besides she wanted to hurt you and I, I couldn't have that. She was rude too."

"I guess I can see where you're coming from. Thanks for looking out for me."

"Anytime! So what exactly is happening?"

"I don't know. I just wanted answers and you gave me them. Thank you." I stood up.

"Your welcome.." He said

He looked down like he wanted more. I did too but I don't know if getting back together with a famous guy who could leave me again was the greatest idea. No matter how much I loved him.

"So I'll see you around. Boy next door." I winked as I was walking out the door.

"Yup. See ya girl next door!" He smiled

That went well, I'm surprised I didn't see Hailey through the window as I walked toward the front porch. I opened the door and she was eating.

"Hey how'd it go?" She asked with her mouth full.

"Surprisingly well."

"Are you back together?"

"No."

"No? Why not?"

The bell rang before I could answer. I went to answer it.

"Q?"

Brian grabbed me by the waist and kissed me. His lips soft and warm. His hug felt like home. I missed this, I missed us. This was all I ever wanted. I love him.