Chapter 38.

The clocked turned 6 and I was so ready for that knock on my door. I hope everything goes smoothly because I really love this man. Hailey got up with me and helped me look civil for once. I gave Cooper some water and then I squat down and gave him a little kiss.

"You look great." she said handing me my purse

"Thank you." I blushed, I had major butterflies in my stomach.

The door bell rang and I was trying so hard not to rush to the door. Come on Zoey don't act like you've been waiting for him since 1pm, even though you've have. Hailey rushed to the door and opened it, I followed her.

"Brian Quinn. How do you do?" she smiled

"I'm good, how are you?" He said

"Great, here's your lovely girlfriend." she pointed to me. He was wearing a black suit and tie. He looked adorably hot.

"Wow zoey, you look beautiful." I blushed

"Aw thank you, you look charming."

"Shall we?" He held out his arm, I felt like Cinderella for some reason.

"We shall."

We walked out while Hailey waved at us.

"Have fun ya crazy kids! Bring her back around 10! Use protection!" she yelled

"She's really something." Laughed Q as we got in the car.

"She sure is, but she's my something."

The ride to the restaurant was quiet but I was still so anxious, every now and then he kept grabbing my hand, he does this every time because he knows he should use two hands to drive.

"Brian I can tell you're staring." I chuckled to myself

"You can...? I mean I'm not." he blushed

"Aw don't worry, I'm staring too." I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

We finally arrived to the restaurant. I could barley even sound out the name, must be either french or Italian. When we sat down and got our menus, everything was crazy over priced. How could he afford this?

"What are you thinking about getting?" he asked

"Everything looks so good but one's more expansive than the other."

"Money's not a problem, get anything your heart desires, why even get everything on the menu."

"Q don't even joke because I'll seriously get them all and leave you bankrupt."

"As long as you're happy I would do just fine."

"Is it weird that you're making me want to kiss you so hard right now?" I leaned over and whispered

"Nope but I guess you will have to suffer because the desert always comes after dinner." He smiled cheekly.

"Oh come on cave man." I laughed at my pathetic joke.

"Hey calling me names isn't going to help."

"Fine, then let's just order before I attack your gorgeous face."

"You're so wonderful." He laughed

The waiter came over to our table and Q before anything else got us the finest wine they had which was $120. Damn I wouldn't spend that much on a bottle of wine even if it could make us never age again.

"What would you like to eat?" he asked

"I'll take some pasta and please don't add any meat, I'm a vegetarian." I said

"I'll take the steak...if you don't mind." he said

"Nah it's okay." I smiled

"Right away." He wrote down our orders and walked away.

"Zoey can I just say that I think I'm even more in love with you right now than we first started dating." He grabbed the wine bottle and poured some for me and himself.

"Awe Brian, I love you so much." I looked down, I knew I had to do it. I had to tell him about Sal. I took a big sip.

"Brian can I just say something..." I got interrupted with a piano solo

"Hold that thought look it's a live performance."

I stopped and stared at this lovely woman in a silk dress on top of a piano with a mic. She started to sing a lovely song.

"Aw that's wonderful." I said

"I think they're doing this for us." He grabbed my hand from across the table.

"I wish." I laughed

"What were you saying before?"

"Oh...uhm so do you remember New Year's where you kinda got lost?" I said

"Yeah ugh don't remind me. I'm so upset I didn't get to kiss you."

"Yeah but somebody else did..."

"Wait what!?"

"I was calling your name and out of the blue someone grabbed my shoulders and kissed me. I thought it was you so I was happy but when I opened my eyes..."

"It was...?"

"Sal."

"Wait what!? My own best friend!?" Everyone looked over at us

"Please stay calm."

"How could he gave done this? Why didn't neither of you tell me sooner?"

"Hailey was a cover up for him, he was never dating anyone he was using it to cover up that he liked me. I didn't know when or how to tell you this Brian, please don't be upset."

"I can't believe him, I'm not angry at you, I'm mad at him. He didn't even tell me any of this! I thought we were best friends."

"Just talk to him as soon as you can. He didn't want to tell you this because it would've ruined everything."

"He didn't have to go and kiss you!"

"I guess you're...right. Can we just enjoy this evening?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry for yelling babe. It's just that I lost you once and I'm not losing you again. I love you so much." he said

"Aw Brian I love you too." The salad and our orders instantly came as soon as Q was about to speak.

"Bon apetit." said the waiter and left.

The lady started singing another song, I turned to see Brian getting up, was he going to ask me to dance? Here? Now? I mean no one else was dancing. Suddenly he came over to me and got down on one knee. What was he doing!? Please no. He looked up at me and smiled, he then took out a box and opened it revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

"Zoey, will you marry me?"