Chapter 8.

The paramedics arrived and immediately I saw Cannoli and Biscotti run into the backyard. There goes my only chance, but I had more important things to deal with. I held my mom's hand for as long as possible in the ambulance but she wouldn't move. I don't think they wanted to break the news to me there and then, so as we arrived in the hospital they took her to the room and I waited outside. After a couple minutes the doctor told me to go see her. I did as he said and I kissed and hugged her. She still didn't move. It didn't seem like she was even breathing.

"Can I talk to you outside for a minute?" Asked the doctor

"Sure of course." I said

"You're the daughter Zoey right?"

"Yea."

"Well you're mother... She had a heart attack in her sleep."

"What!? But her heart has always been fine! She got her yearly and even monthly exams for it."

"I'm so sorry but she had a heart attack while sleeping so she went peacefully."

"Wait what do you mean went? My mom's DEAD!?"

"I'm sorry miss but unfortunately yes."

"THEN WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME NOW IF SHE DIED BEFORE!!? WHY IS SHE HOOKED UP TO A MACHINE? IF ITS NOT DOING CRAP!" I broke down and started hyperventaling.

My parents were gone. I didn't have a boyfriend or company and it's almost Christmas! Why!? What did I ever do to deserve this? This just proves that life is unpredictable and even bad things happen to the good people. I got myself together and saw that the insurance was gonna pay the bill so I walked home. They would keep my mom there for awhile till I arranged everything. How do I break bad news to people? I went home and saw the tree which I really wanted to destroy. Everything pissed me off. I then looked at the presents for my mom. She never got to open them.

I was still crying, as I got up the stairs and got into bed I got a phone call from one of the nurses at the hospital. She explained how hard this all was going to be on me and to not to worry. I asked her how they knew it was a heart attack. Then she asked me a few questions and I told her about my dad and her drinking. After that she reveled a thing that made me gasp and feel so bad. My mother didn't die of a heart attack, she died of a broken heart.

Her and my dad have been together for 40 something years and they loved each other very much. No wonder she missed him so much and wasn't as strong as I was. The funny thing is is that your parents know you for half of their life but you know them for your whole life. They also knew each other longer than I have and that kind of breaks my heart. I will never know as much about them as the other one did. I went to sleep early that night and then made a few phone calls in the morning, even to Hailey.

She insisted of me staying with her till I got ok again but I said no that I'm fine, So she got her bag and rushed over to my house to stay and keep me company for a couple days. She's a really good friend. The next morning Hailey did everything to try to make me happy. She made breakfast, gave me a hug and a good morning and then tried to help me do something to not think about my mom. It didn't help, nothing was going to fix this, not even if Q got back together with me! She was gone forever! I went back into my room and cried. I cried for hours and hours, Hailey decided to give me space and I thought that was generous.

After a few weeks went by and it was getting closer to Christmas, I didn't really talk about my mom because I didn't want to be reminded. My whole entire family called everyday to check up about me. I doubt they even cared, they didn't care to visit when she was alive. Hailey left a few days ago but she was still coming back to hang out. Alex called me a few times on Skype but after awhile we just barely even thought of each other. Everything eventually ends, nothing is forever but you have to look past that and what is going to happen in the future. Don't let anything to anyone hold you back. Life is short but it's all we've got to make a difference.

_____________________________

Short chapter, sorry about that.

Sorry for having both parents die but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain right? Anyway I didn't enjoy this chapter as much and it was difficult to write trying to make it longer than a page.

Please follow, vote, comment, share, and read! ❤️
I love you and don't worry it will get better once I add the guys in the story.