Chapter 19: There's A Story

---------------------

LACEY'S POV

---------------------

Ash was right, retail therapy was definitely helpful. It made me forget, about almost everything. Everything, except Alex. He was always on my mind.

I remember when he came to find me a few days ago. After I stormed out of Katie's. I'll never forget it. It was amazing.

------FLASHBACK-----

I had left, I needed this time. For myself. I had just gotten home and my eyes were starting to water again. I saw that my fathers car wasn't there anymore. He must have gone out for lunch with a business partner or something.

I ran inside and slammed the door behind me, as soon as it was shut. There was a knock.

"LACEY! LACEY ANSWER ME!!!" I heard Alex yell from the other side of the door. He came after me? Really?

I opened the door to find his sad face.

"Alex?" I asked, even though it was obviously him.

"Oh Lacey, I'm so glad you're okay. Well, I mean. Err-Uh, physically." He said stuttering on his words.

"Uh, okay." I said trying to hold back my tears. That failed. I burst into tears in front of the guy I loved. Loved? Yes, loved. It has been a short amount of time, but yeah. I love him.

Which is why I got over the fact that I was soaking his shirt even more than it was before the huge wave of tears came.

"Please don't cry, please. Please Lace, please. Smile? For me?" He pleaded, I just shook my head and walked myself over to the couch. I plopped down and put my head in my hands.

"No Alex." I said, not quite knowing what I was disagreeing to.

"Lacey, please. Tell me what's wrong. " he begged. It was cute how he wanted to help.

"Why Alex?!" I shook my head again yelling now.

"Why? Why Lacey? BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" He said. Clamping his hand over his mouth after the words left it.

"Wha?" I said, completely forgetting that the word 'what' had a T and the end.

"Oh god, I shouldn't have said that. Now your gonna think I'm weird, that I'm a freak. I'm sorry, it was too soon wasn't it? My bad. I should go right? Yeah? I'm going to leave now. See ya! Bye Lacey. Love you! Agh! I mean- uh. I'm gonna go. He said getting up to leave. I grabbed his bicep, Nice. He looked scrawny, sure didn't feel that way.

"No! I love you too! I'm sorry I'm being like this." I said spitting out an apology for me acting like such a baby.

"Lace, you are amazing. Things happen and you always try to be the mediator. It's not your turn this time, this is too big for one person. The odds were basically like war one-to-six. It wouldn't have been likely that you wouldn't break down. Hell, if it were me I wouldn't be wanting to see them forever. It's just drama though, they'll have to get over it. You can't be the peacemaker, just be you. The Lacey I know and love. Kay?" He said holding my hands in his. I nodded my head and threw myself into his arms.

"I love you." I said again, out of other words.

"I love you." He said back, with his signature smirk.

"How much?" I said jumping on top of him.

"A-a l-lot" he stuttered. I was confused, he was fine a minute ago. He kept looking down and his pants. I finally took the hint.

"YOU GOT HARD BECAUSE I'M ON TOP!!!" I screamed, finding it funnier than it really was. He blushed and looked towards the ceiling. I was right, I also was being sorta cruel.