Chapter 9: Memories Pt. 1

Hey people this chapter is dedicated to Sierra. @earthtosierra. Now Read!!! WARNING : SORTA SMUTTY BUT SWEET SO WATCH OUT.

---------------

ZACK'S POV

--------------

It's not enough to say I was nervous for this party. Usually I can just walk around and take pictures of all the future alcoholics. Not this time. Lacey set me up with one of her friends, Ashlyn. If this was a normal girl, I'd be fine.

No. This is Ashlyn... The Ashlyn I have been crushing on for years. I always thought Ashlyn was out of my league, our of reach, and unavailable to a dork like me. Though apparently, I was mysterious. I was told that was sexy. Lacey said these things, and got a jealous look from Alex when she did. That was funny.

Lacey was new in school and came into the school year late. That's fine with Alex, Jack, Rian, and the girls. It doesn't effect me since I don't go to their school. Lacey used to go to my school, she got bored with the private school scene so she left. I wish I could do that. My parents would never let me, they just want the best I guess.

I had overheard Lacey calling Ashlyn. She was telling Ashlyn all these things, I was nervous to meet her before, this only added pressure. I was nervous and excited at the same time, but we were gonna be at a party... That should make it easier, Right?

The next day at school, Ashlyn walked up to me.

"Hey. Zack, right?" She said.

"Yeah, Ashlyn, right?" I said not wanting to seem obsessed with her. Even though I wasn't, I needed to play it cool.

"That's me! So Lacey told me all about you, can't wait for the party later!" She said seeming genuinely interested. This wasn't that hard, she was a normal person. Not a big deal, this took so much pressure off my back.

"Haha, I hope she only told you good things. I'm excited too." I replied trying to hold in my excitement. We chatted a bit longer and then went our separate ways. At the end of the school day I grabbed my keys and went to my car. I texted Alex that I'd be over for band practice in an hour.

Right now I really to go to the skate park, I hadn't been there in a few weeks. It was a way to clear my head, I got there and grabbed my board from the trunk of my car. I just needed to think.

I started off towards the half-pipe, I saw my friend Jake and went over to say hi. When I walked up I saw he was talking to a girl, not just any girl. He was talking to Ashlyn! I walked up and decided to just play it cool.

"Hey Jake, Ashlyn. What's up?" I said.

"Hey Zack, me and Ash here were just talking about the skate festival that's coming up. Your band is playing there right?" Jake replied. I totally forgot about the festival, All Time Low was playing, we would be one of the main acts, I was so excited. I forgot though, with all this party stuff happening.

"Really, that's awesome Zack. I can't wait to see you guys play!" Ashlyn said

"Thanks. Sorry guys, I gotta go now. Band practice. See you guys at the party though right?" I shouted while walking away. We had talked for a while and I needed to get to Alex's. I stopped home and changed, left a note for my mom that I was staying over Alex's.

While driving I started to think. The party, the girl, the band, everything. I quickly pulled in to Alex's house and helped him set up. We hid all the breakable stuff in his parents room. They were out of town for a wedding. For about a week they would be gone, in Florida for the week until then for a day after the wedding. Alex never goes to those things, it's for adults.