Sunshine

It was a great reunion for Aavir to meet all his friends. He was getting his strength back as he had with Dr.Tej.I was happy. We met Dr.Julio being tall, dark, and handsome, with thick accent that can make you swoon. His eyes depicted his intelligence. He was Aavir's senior back in college and also a good friend.

He suggested starting chemotherapy immediately. But also my body needed to take rest so it was postponed to tomorrow. We were to agree to this plan but he introduced some harsh facts. He said there is always a risk in such therapy. He also mentioned of operation turning unsuccessful.

Things were obvious. What good is it, too, not to take that risk now? It is folly to ride this far only to return empty-handed. Yet the only option left is to risk things. Anyway, at this moment I was dying, and not risking is a pity for everyone to care about. If I have to get everything for this last chance, then all the happiness I've ever dreamt of is worth choosing this option. I was damn optimistic but if that happens, somewhere Aavir was shocked and scared of the other scenario. Seeing someone staying and supporting you is beautiful and that man deserves all love. He  gave a hug and whispered,

"Think properly, I would be with you in whatever you choose".

"There will come a time in life when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." rightly said by Bishop, a thyroid cancer survivor

To be honest I haven't even thought of other choices. I was ready to take chemotherapy on me. I was happy about the transition. Aavir, I assured you. Dr. Julio grinned at us both and mocked Aavir by throwing back all his stories and humiliating prom dates. He was coated in blush all over. He looked so cute hiding that pink blush.

We left the hospital smiling and reached for some restaurant to fed our empty stomach. Both of us were starving for so long that we finished the entire dish within a few minutes.

We were having our pie served. Everything was going so well. Even I was not afraid of what would happen tomorrow. I just wanted each moment to be worth remembering. He held my hand, slightly and slowly running his finger. He taunted me,

"Emma isn't it strange that I am engaged with you but only you have the ring and I don't?".

I was stunned.

What he said makes sense. Also, this man himself is carrying his strings to tie him up. I mean binding him up with some ring and restricting him. That voice and puppy face that he made was so genuine that I felt like hugging him tightly and not leaving for even a second.

Bills were paid. He had no idea about the next moment. I googled the nearest jeweler shop. We went there and I chose the most perfect ring 'Simple & Classic'.Here I go with my most cringe pickup line,

"Can I be that somebody? Every love story is beautiful, but ours will be my favorite".

Well, I tried suppressing my laughter but Aavir felt different about those stupid ones. I was just so ashamed. Everyone in that showroom began to cheer, to appease, to clap, to congratulate. It'd already been a great feature.What mattered to me was the smile of Aavir and those eyes that had been totally absorbed in me. That moment was beautiful, not like any fairytales, but I built a story for my life already.

We walked to 'our house.' I was happy with everything, enjoying every bit. Possibly the happiest person in the world. We had our fun little pillow battle where I realized my hair was falling off. It's natural for tumor patients to face these problems, but it's not the first thing we accept that finally happens. I started crying, panicking and anxiety attacks that showered all together. The experience was horrific. My heart started to weep, that was so disturbing. Aavir has continued to calm me down. He has constantly tried every comfort like talking to me, breathing exercises all. Ultimately, he gave me some medicine that worked and I was back at my normal stage.