Aavir

I 'm traveling to my transferred destination with crumbling thoughts about how I'm going to adapt there as I know I'm worst at adapting with both people and places.

Being a neurosurgeon trained from London and then completing it here in India after years seems to be interesting but what draws me most is how the family stands together, however challenging and complicated the situation comes. Those tears and prayers that hospital corridors witness is not more than a tour to me. I have plenty of time to recall cherished moments on this trip and that's the reason I enjoy transfers and flying.

      I remember how my mum and dad used to dictate my stories of how desperately they wanted me to join arm forces and serve the nation and that's why they named me AAVIR. But they had no idea that their Aavir would be more interested in medicines and treating people. I love how they always support me with whatever I ask for. Mumbai to Patna is a long journey and then adjusting there with roommate allocated and bonding has always been a tough job for me.

       I booked a cab to the address I was sent to upon arrival. Roads looked just as busy as Mumbai. The cab dropped me across from a big building. I paid to him and started to ring the doorbell. Giant Iron door from where I could see just A staircase ascending. A tall, not that slim young man who seems to be the same age as mine with a wide smile came down from the stairs to greet me.

       He welcomed me with namaste and took me to the living room where we would both share the floor. He brought a glass of water with rasgullas and Gulab Jamun specifically for some sweets.

He finally introduced himself, "hey man Myself Tej and I am the guy who would be your roommate".

I feel like a strong fun vibe wrapped over me with the way he presented it. We both started telling our experiences and were bonding like a child. He showed me the terrace from where the sunset was so clear and stunning to see all around with the bazaars (markets) hidden.

I shared with him how I broke up after being in a 5-year relationship a few months ago, and how horrible and painful it was to deal with. He added That his parents manage whatsapping pictures of girls for his arrange marriage. We had so many things in common that I have no concerns about moving to this town anymore. The rooms were very huge and it all seemed so fine.

     We treated and cured many people, receiving blessings from their families. We joked and told jokes with other employees but seemed so odd that they started to ignore us. We were both known to be the best neurosurgeons in the entire hospital and worthy of observation was the envy that everyone used to have.

Tej used to say , "jalne wale jalandar chale jae".

These lines had no meaning but the way he used to use them I embarrassingly had to support him.

I remember every Saturday night we used to get drunk and keep repeating," Tu Mera Bhai hai,samjhana na? Bhai hai Mera tu".

We connected with each other so well that I almost got him engaged one day by replying to his parents, Uncle aunty Tej Maan Gaya, Aap bas lekar jao usse ladki ke Ghar".Tej had no idea when uncle aunty came home to pick him up to meet the girl's family.

That night he made me cook entire dinner and tinder swiped every girl and boy.

        It was Thursday night when we got a mail to deal with two serious 2nd stage cases filed called "Kirti and Emma." The emails were very detailed and for the first time, Tej and I went through all the study papers and labeled the therapy which needs to be begun early. We were both too excited to work on it and little nervous too. I felt like for the first time, what if we failed? We felt we shouldn't pressurize and overthink now and just go and have a decent sleep and we could be working on the paper tomorrow.

   Thank you so much!
            Your love matters.