{ 31 }

{ 31 }

The five friends ended up on Jiyong’s unit to Bom’s insistence. “C’mon you guys, it’s not every day we see the place where miraculous Dara popped her cherry,” she teased again, earning a glare from Dara who had long given up on trying to explain that she didn’t have her cherry popped.

“Wow, man, you’ve really gone a long way,” TOP commented as he surveyed Jiyong’s luxurious penthouse unit. Way back to their university days, they have assumed that Jiyong was loaded, because he’s mostly the one who treats them, but never have they imagined that he was this loaded.

“Nah.” Jiyong answered as he plopped down on the couch next to Dara. “It’s mostly my family’s money. I just helped a bit.”

Bom only laughed and threw a pillow to an unsuspecting Jiyong. “ ‘Helped a bit?’ Jiyong-ah, I think that’s shit. We saw you on Forbes three years ago and you were on the top 50!” She exclaimed, shaking her head at Jiyong’s understatement.

Jiyong merely smiled. “Enough about me, though. How have you guys been?” He questioned, changing the topic. “Bom noona, you’re a lyricist for YG Entertainment, neh?”

“Uh-huh,” Bom answered. “It’s really enjoyable, and I get to meet tons of idols and celebrities.” She added, contentment showing on her face. Dara remembered the day when Bom first snagged the job and how happy she was that her best friend was practically prancing and bouncing along the way.

“Bom noona really loves that job.” Youngbae interjected. “Sometimes I wonder when she’ll meet some idol and leave TOP hyung.” He joked, earning himself a glare from TOP.

“I’m sure Bommie won’t do that.” TOP responded as he slung his arm over Bom’s. “Bommie loves me too much. Besides, who’s anyone out there worth more than this face and terrific personality?” He asked as he gestured to his face. “Those idols are gays, anyway. Who colors their hairs turquoise and gets away with it?!”

“Hyung, your ideas are too primitive.” Youngbae answered as he shook his head.

“Whoa, am I really hearing this from Dong Youngbae?” Jiyong asked as he feigned shock. “What happened to the conservative Youngbae, then? You’re my role model!”

“Apparently, Lee Chaerin and her liberal ideas happened.” Dara replied. “Speaking of Chaecat, when will she come back, Bae?”

Youngbae’s shoulders visibly sagged when Dara mentioned Chaerin’s name. “I don’t know.” He said, his voice too weak. “I don’t know, noona.”

The two couples warily eyed each other before looking at the dejected Youngbae. “Bae-yah, what’s wrong? Did you and Chae fight?” Dara asked gently.

Youngbae heaved a deep sigh before shaking his head. “No, noona, we didn’t.”

“Eh?!” Bom made a sound of confusion. “If you didn’t, why do you look like that?!”

“I don’t know.” Youngbae said. He leaned back to the single couch he was sitting at. “Chae’s having a really good time in New York.”