{ 18 }

{ 18 }

Jiyong was trying to busy himself with paper works, but his mind just flows to Park Sandara. He doesn’t know why, but somehow, after remembering bits and pieces of memories with her, he feels that there was some kind of connection between him and her.

Yet, he doesn’t actually feel like he likes her in the sense that a man likes a woman. At this point, in between knowing that he lost memory of a girl from his past and trying to regain them back, everything just feels too complicated. There had been times when he spaced out in the middle of an important meeting, and he couldn’t afford to do that. It had only been five years since he was appointed as the president of the Kwon empire, and he couldn’t afford to laze around since his father had worked hard to make Kwon Group of Companies stay on top.

He knows that there were some executives who were out to catch him and nitpick on everything he does or say. That was just how they operate in the business world. It’s a dog eats dog principle out there. That was the reason why Jiyong had earned himself the moniker “dragon.” He was the unforgiving kind. Anyone must make way for Kwon Jiyong, and that was also the way he got a lot of enemies.

That was why Jaejoong was always around him whenever he goes out. Jiyong learned judo for self-defense way back when he was a kid, but there were a lot of things he should busy himself with other than continuously watching his back for enemies trying to strike him.

Most of the people thought that Jaejoong was just a measly bodyguard of Jiyong, but what they do not know was that Jaejoong was the one who helps Jiyong take care of “unofficial” company matters. Taeyeon was around to look for the legal aspects of business, but if there was something Taeyeon couldn’t settle, Jaejoong would help take care of it. They don’t exactly do illegal things since Jaejoong and his men only scare those people off who try to leech money off Jiyong.

Jaejoong had been around Jiyong since he was appointed as the KGC’s CEO, and though the two men were both cold, there had always been a bond between the two of them.

It was already nighttime, and the two men were the only ones left in the company building other than the security guards and some of the cleaning staffs. Taeyeon had gone home a while ago. Jiyong insisted that Jaejoong should also go home, but the latter was stubborn and declared that he will be staying since it was his duty to protect Jiyong. Jiyong said that his official time for work was done, but Jaejoong countered by saying that until Jiyong wasn’t safely tuck at home, his official time would still go on.

“Jaejoong.” Jiyong called.

“Yes, Sir Jiyong?”

“Stop calling me ‘Sir Jiyong’ when we’re the only ones around, hyung.” Jiyong replied with a smile.

“Arasso, Jiyong.”

“Hyung, do you think I’m a jerk?” Jiyong repeated his question to Jaejoong a few nights ago.

Jaejoong looked at him weirdly. “Jiyong, are you high?”

“No, hyung. Take me seriously! Answer honestly, okay?”

“Jiyong, I think you’re a jerk. There. I said it.”