{ 32 }

{ 32 }

“Sohee, good morning!” Dara greeted nervously, hoping that her lame greeting would actually steer Sohee away from her case, but it seems like the Heavens decided that it was time to rain the blessings somewhere else, somewhere far, far away from Park Sandara, and Sohee wasn’t having any of her shits.

“Stop trying to change my mind about barbecuing you because I won’t.” She answered, and Dara felt that Sohee was ready to claw her eyes out if she keeps on blabbing about nonsensical topics.

“Sohee...”

“Don’t you Sohee me, Park Sandara! Gosh you teased me to no end about Heechul and we thought you were just secretly dating Hae or something– Jeez, Sandara, does Donghae know?” She questioned.

Dara bit her lip and nodded. “DARA! Oh my gosh, and you didn’t tell–”

“I’m sorry, Sohee. Honestly, I wasn’t ready to tell anyone yet.” She replied.

Sohee sighed. “So you were just prancing around secretly?” She asked, and her voice turns Dara’s stomach in knots.

She was about to start apologizing again when Sohee shushed her. “Really Dee, stop it. It’s done anyway. I think you could start off by telling me when and how did this even happen.”

The two women walked in silence on the way to school. Dara doesn’t know how to start telling Sohee about Kwon Jiyong, the same Kwon Jiyong whom she fussed about at the company dinner. The Kwon Jiyong whom they referred to as the dragon because of his inexplicably great business prowess and intelligence. The Kwon Jiyong who was cold and stoic. Most importantly, the Kwon Jiyong who doesn’t know Park Sandara.

I don’t know if they’ll understand the same way that Bom, TOP, and Bae did, she thought inwardly. They didn’t know who Jiyong was, they only knew who he is.

Dara was still silent as she and Sohee made their way to their faculty room. At last, Sohee sighed. “Okay, fine. If you’re not ready to tell, I’ll understand, Dee.” She said, echoing Donghae’s words.

Dara stared at Sohee and smiled. “Thank you, Sohee-yah.”

“Pabo.” Sohee huffed before Dara saw a smile ghosting on Sohee’s lips. “I won’t force you now, but don’t expect that I won’t tomorrow or the morning after that, or maybe next week.”

Dara only laughed at her, knowing all about Sohee’s persistence when she really wants to extricate an information from another person. She and Donghae were living proofs of how monstrous their mandu can be when she wants to. She remembered the time when Sohee grilled Wooyoung about his love life, and the poor guy could only squirm under Sohee’s scrutiny.

“Arasso, Sohee.”

“At least tell that monkey and Minkki, you know?” Sohee turned to Dara seriously as her hand sat on their faculty room’s doorknob. “We all thought you and Hae were secretly dating...”