{ 34 }

{ 34 }

Jiyong brought Dara to his unit. The couple silently made their way up, not knowing what to say. Both of them were exhausted with Dara constantly blocking out the gossipers who were curious about her relationship with “the dragon” and Jiyong who was doing his best along with the PR team to take down every single article about him and Dara, but it was to no avail. The news already became viral. Even the people who were hearing his name for the first time were already joining in the discussions– mostly because they were smitten when they first saw his face. Besides, a rumor about the legendary dragon settling down was enough to rig anyone’s world.

 Dara sat on the couch and Jiyong’s head lay on her lap. She started massaging his head. “Are you okay?” She asked tenderly.

He smirked a little. “Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?”

“Nah. I’m fine. Besides, Jaejoong was there, neh?” She lightly slapped her hand on his forehead. “Don’t overtire yourself, Jiyong-ah.”

He looked at her straight in the eye. “I’m sorry.” He said sincerely.

She shook her head. “I told you this isn’t your fault, Ji.”

“I’m still sorry,” he stubbornly replied and pouted a bit.

Silence ensued between the two, with Jiyong silently playing with her hand hoisted on his chest. He kissed her fingers one by one, and Dara could feel electricity running on every place where he touched. “It won’t be the same anymore, noona,” he suddenly said, breaking the silence.

“What do you mean?”

“Everyday would be like this. Running and avoiding the media. They won’t stop ‘till they confirm things. The longer we keep silent, the hungrier they will be for news.” He explained, still not looking at Dara.

She sighed. She already expected chaos, but not this much. This was the reason why she didn’t want their relationship to be publicized. Jiyong is a prominent public figure, and her quiet life would be disrupted once people confirm that she really is Kwon Jiyong’s girlfriend. “What do you suggest we do, then?”

Jiyong took a deep breath before he responded, avoiding Dara’s eyes. “Let’s get married, Dara.”

Dara froze.

--

Earlier...

Jiyong furiously pushed the button on his intercom. “TAEYEON, COME IN THE OFFICE!” He yelled, his voice full of anger and irritation.

Taeyeon flinched at her boss’ action, but she complied. They had only gone back from a meeting on one of their hotels, but it seems like Mr. Kwon already saw the article. Taeyeon herself didn’t know, not until she received a screenshot of an article about Kwon Jiyong of KGC settling down sent by Tiffany. She took a deep breath before walking inside the dragon’s office. “Yes, Mr. Kwon?” She asked. She wanted to commend herself for not shaking and stuttering, especially when she’s facing an angry Mr. Kwon.