{ 08 }

{ 08 }

Dara was nervous as she rode the elevator. She told the security guard that she was from one of the schools which the Kwons benefactor so she managed to get away from that place. She even forgot that she’s risking everything going here– her job, humiliation, and her love.

She arrived at the 62nd floor of the building where Kwon Jiyong’s office was situated at. She gingerly stepped out of the elevator, afraid that someone might block her way but to her relief, almost everyone was busy that nobody paid attention to her.

She was nearing Jiyong’s office when she was blocked by his secretary. A very beautiful secretary actually, she thought. JerKwon.

“Excuse me, miss? Are you about to see Mr. Kwon?” The woman asked.

Dara forced a smile. “Yes, I’m from one of the schools which the KGC benefactors.”

“Oh.” The secretary smiled. “Do you have an appointment with Mr. Kwon?”

Her smile faltered. “Uhh, none.”

“Then I’m afraid you won’t be able to meet Mr. Kwon today. He specifically told me that he’s working on a report and wouldn’t want to be disturbed. I’m sorry, miss.” The secretary smiled apologetically.

“Oh no, that’s… okay.” Dara said. The secretary smiled and went back to her workplace.

Dara, are you really backing out like this?! That JerKwon is inside the office and you are only five meters away from that asshole! You should seize the day!

With that in mind, Dara ran towards the door. Since Jiyong’s secretary was unprepared, she wasn’t able to block Dara. Instead, she ran after her but Dara already opened Jiyong’s office door.

The secretary grabbed Dara’s arm. “I’m sorry, Mr. Kwon. This woman ran in here and–”

Jiyong looked at Dara without an expression on his face. Isn’t she that girl who had strong opinions about me? He thought. Why would she be here? To ask me to sign up in a humanity program?

Dara’s rage was evident on her face, yet Jiyong’s face gave nothing away. Seeing him this close after five years… It makes her happy and hurt at the same time. Happy because she confirmed that he was not hurt and very much alive but hurt because he never even bothered to send her a text message after everything they’ve been through. Dara desperately wanted to touch his face and talk to him about how much she missed him, but she’s afraid that that is not the case anymore. They aren’t just Jiyong and Dara anymore. He was Mr. Kwon, the number one businessman in Asia and she was… well, Dara. After a minute, he spoke. “No Taeyeon, you don’t need to call the security. You can go outside now.”

Taeyeon curiously looked at Jiyong, then to Dara, and then back to Jiyong. “If  you say so, Mr. Kwon.” She freed Dara’s arm and went outside quietly.

Jiyong crossed his arms and leaned on his chair. “What can I do for you, Miss…?”

Dara frowned. “Really, Jiyong? You don’t even know my name now?! You asshole!”

A flicker of confusion was seen in his face before it went back to being stoic. “No, miss, I’m afraid not. Am I… supposed to know who you are?”

Dara bit her lip hard that her mouth bled. “Jiyongie…”

Jiyong’s brows met, then he felt a little dizzy. He closed his eyes and placed his hand on his head.

“Jwiyongie! I’ll call you Jwiyongie!” The girl said cutely.

Jiyong frowned. “Yah, why Jwiyongie?! That’s like a name for a mouse or something!”

The girl threw her head back and laughed merrily. “Can’t you see? You totally look like a mouse when you were a kid!”

“A mouse, huh?” Jiyong said, and then he started chasing the girl. The two of them ran around happily without a care in the world.

“Jiyong?! Jiyong! Are you okay?!” The woman’s concerned voice broke him from his reverie.

Jiyong opened his eyes. He had those dreams… about that girl. Since the accident, that girl haunted his mind. In those five years, there will always be a time that that girl would appear on his dreams, but it never happened while he was wide awake.

Jiyong grasped the shoulder of the petite girl in front of her. “You… Who are you?”

--

“Hi, Taengoo unnie!” Yuri cheerily greeted Jiyong’s secretary. “Is Jiyong oppa there?”

“Good morning, Ms. Kwon. Mr. Kwon is inside, but he has a… guest.” Taeyeon answered with discomfort.

“Guest?” Yuri repeated. “Not a client or another shareholder… but a guest?” She excitedly said.

“Yes, Ms. Kwon.”

“Oooooh. This is new.” She looked at her brother’s closed office door, then turned to look at Taeyeon. “Unnie, it’s a girl, right?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“WOW! At last! My brother is aliiiiiiiiiive!” Yuri raced to the door and opened it a little to see what the woman looks like but her back was turned on her and it looked like they were fighting.

“Taeyeon unnie, you don’t think that Jiyong oppa accidentally impregnated that girl, no?” The younger girl asked.

“Absolutely not, Ms. Kwon! Mr. Kwon is not that type of person.” Taeyeon vehemently disagreed.

Yuri only shrugged. “Yeah, of course. Oppa’s not that kind of person, anyway.” She waved at her brother’s secretary. “Bye unnie! Just tell oppa I dropped by!”