{ 16 }

{ 16 }

“Good evening, Master Kwon.” The Kwons’ long-time butler, Yoo Kyung Min, greeted as he stepped in the great Kwon mansion.

“Where is mother?”

“Madame Kwon is already in the dining hall with Miss Kwon, Master.” Kyung Min answered.

“Thanks.” Jiyong answered and made his way towards their dining hall. When he got there, he saw the two most important women in his life. His mother, Kwon Yuhee, and of course, his dongsaeng, Kwon Yuri.

“Son! You’re here!” Their mother excitedly gushed. She even stood up and met Jiyong halfway to embrace him.

“Tch.” Yuri pouted. “I’m always here but you don’t look at me as you look at oppa, omma! Why are you like that?!”

“It’s because eomeoni loves me more, Yul.” Jiyong joked before he sat at the chair in front of Yuri.

“This girl, really.” Madame Kwon scolded. “Jiyong-ah, don’t mind this brat, okay? Eat a lot! You seldom come home. I feel like I’m always alone in this house.”

“Omma! I–” Yuri pointed to herself before continuing. “–am always here!”

“Oh jinjja?” Madame Kwon feigned surprise. “I thought you live at the mall.”

Jiyong and their mother laughed while Yuri sulked. “See oppa, omma is mean to me!”

“Then you be good to her, okay?” Jiyong smiled.

“Aish!”

“Yah Kwon Yuri, you don’t need to always be in the shopping mall just because abeoji named it from you!” Jiyong scolded his younger sister. “Help eomeoni around here.”

“But oppa–!”

“Kwon Yuri.”

“Aish, arasso oppa.” Yuri nodded.

The three of them continued to eat in silence when Madame Kwon opened a conversation. “Jiyong-ah… I heard from Yuri that you met a girl today?”

Jiyong stopped eating to look menacingly at Yuri. “Eomeoni, it’s not like that. You make it sound like we’re dating.”

“Yah oppa, stop lying!” Yuri looked at their mother. “Omma, listen to me. Jiyong oppa and Dara unnie are totally going out! But you don’t need to worry much, omma. They look awesome together!”

“Really?! It’s the first time I’ve heard you go out with anyone.” Madame Kwon said and looked at Jiyong, surprise shown on her face.

Yuri looked like she was about to say something, but she closed her mouth. Aish, what’s the point? Perhaps oppa and that girl broke up already since he’s seeing Dara unnie now, Yuri thought.