{ 33 }

{ 33 }

Questions about Jiyong bombarded Dara when the four of them went back to the faculty room. Go Yoo Bin even made a special appearance in front of their faculty room– along with five other teachers– but thankfully, Sohee’s threats were effective that they left Dara alone... at least for now.

“I feel so tired!” Dara said when she settled in her seat. It seems like her students also heard the news and they were looking weirdly at her. Minji took over most of her classes, and she felt very grateful to the younger girl who let Dara alone with her thoughts.

Donghae was just about to comfort her when Mr. Jang, the school principal, showed up in their office. “Ms. Park Sandara?” He asked, his voice cautious.

Dara instantly stood up. “Neh, Mr. Jang?”

The older man cleared his throat a few times before answering. “Mr.– a visitor’s waiting for you at my office, Ms. Park.”

She felt her heart skip a beat. She already knows who the visitor was, if she was to conclude from Mr. Jang’s cautious actions towards her. She quietly followed the principal towards the office. Thankfully, none of the other teachers tried to pry on Dara’s life, as they have seen that she was with the principal.

Mr. Jang opened the door for her and she bowed a little. Surprisingly, the older man didn’t follow her inside. He stayed outside the door, blending in with the other men wearing black suits stationed outside.

When she got inside the office, it seemed like her thoughts were wrong.

“Good morning, Ms. Park.” Mr. Kim, as Dara remembers, was Jiyong’s bodyguard who reprimanded her for defiling Jiyong’s name.

She smiled a little. “Good morning, Mr. Kim.”

“Please, call me Jaejoong.” He answered and flashed Dara a dazzling smile. He motioned for the couch in Mr. Jang’s office and told her to sit there.

Dara obeyed obediently as Jaejoong sat on the seat opposite hers. “I take it you already know the situation this morning, right, Ms. Park?”

She smiled uncomfortably. “Yes, Jaejoong. And uhm, you can just call me Dara, or noona, if you’re Jiyong’s age.” She replied.

“Oh, Dara-ssi then.” Jaejoong responded, not wanting to lose the honorifics. “Sir Jiyong told me to wait for the end of your schedule and bring you to the KGC’s building if he doesn’t come here first. He would have come here himself, but he was at a prior engagement that he couldn’t get out of.”

She nodded slowly. “Arasso, Jaejoong.”

“Trust Sir Jiyong, Dara-ssi,” Jaejoong softly reminded. “He may be stubborn and strong-willed, but everything he does usually turns out for the best.”

She smiled sincerely at Jaejoong. He may look like a cold man outwardly, just like how Jiyong was, but there was no doubt that he’s also a warm kind of guy inside. Maybe, Dara thought, he only needs someone to melt his ice. She inwardly grinned. Just like what I did with Jiyong. “Thank you, Jaejoong. Don’t worry, I do believe in Jiyong.”