{ 07 }

{ 07 }

Rather than going home, she went straight to Bom’s workplace. She owns a very chic café where she plays her own songs. Bom was actually a songwriter/lyricist for YG Entertainment because she originally wanted to be a singer but her parents wanted her to be  an accountant. She uses her accounting skills on her café and her golden voice on recording demos for YG Entertainment artists. Dara heard that Bom was offered to be an artist but she refused, saying that an artist life isn’t for her. Well, Dara presumed that it was because Bom is already contented with her life.

Dara sighed deeply. Contentment. When will she have that?

“I bet this customer is a deeply unhappy person.” Seungri, one of Bom’s quirky part-timers, joked. Since Dara is a frequent customer and the kid liked to joke around, they clicked right away. Well, Seungri’s jokes weren’t that great, but what makes Dara laugh around him was his bluntness. He wasn’t afraid to bare himself. There was even a time when the kid asked her about women’s menstrual periods. With Seungri, there will never be a dull moment.

Dara’s brow went up. “And how would you know that, Mr.…” She pretended to read Seungri’s nametag. “Seungri?”

Seungri placed Dara’s order on the table. “Oh, just because.” He answered, shrugging. He then looked around and leaned closer to Dara. “I’ve got an ESP, Ms. Park.”

Dara threw her head back and laughed. “Aigoo, you really make the lamest jokes, Seungri-yah.” She shook her head, smiling. “Can you call Bommie for me?”

“Aye, cap’n!” Seungri answered and saluted before going to the office where Bom usually spends her time.

After a few minutes, Bom settled on the chair in front of Dara. “Oh, aren’t you busy? You told me last time that it’s exam week.”

Dara smiled sarcastically. “Yes, my best friend, it’s nice to see you too. I missed you too!”

“Tss! Shut up woman. What’s up?”

Dara’s sarcastic smile faded, which was replaced by… something Bom couldn’t understand. There was a mixture of emotions in her best friend’s face: fury, hurt, pain, rage, worry… and love. “Yah, Park Sandara, what exactly happened?” She asked, worried.

Dara held Bom’s hand and stared at her. “Bommie-yah… I… I saw… I saw Kwon Jiyong.” Upon saying that, Dara’s tears streamed down.

Bom was frozen on her spot. She couldn’t even comfort Dara who was now a crying mess. Seungri ran to them. “Bom noona, is there something wrong with Dara noona?!” The youngster asked, concern evident on his face.

It took Bom another minute before she answered. She helped Dara stand up. “Seungri-yah, help me take Dara to the office. After this, you guys clean up and put the ‘close’ sign on the door. You can leave after that.” Bom instructed.

Seungri only nodded. The two of them helped Dara up and they assisted her to Bom’s office. After they safely secured Dara on the couch, Seungri went out, leaving the two best friends alone.