13.

--------------------------------------

Kai gave Emma a welcoming smile as she walked in. Something in the way she smiled back told him that something was wrong. He made sure to ask her about it later.

Emma stood beside Kai. She still couldn't bring herself to trust Damon. After all, he had erased her memories. She needed to tell Kai what had happened back at the store. She lay her hand on his shoulder and he kissed it.

Bonnie spilled the contents of the bag on the table. " Now what?" She said.

" Can't show you with my hands taped," he said. Bonnie picked up the pocket knife.

"Bonnie -" said Damon but she'd already cut the duct tape.

" Thank you," said Kai.

" Fine, how's this pile of crap gonna get us out of here?"

" I'll explain as soon as you tell us what you did on May 10th 1994."

After a long argument between Damon and bonnie, she finally convinced him to tell him what happened on May 10th 1994.

-----------------------------------

It had been almost fifteen minutes since Bonnie claimed she needed some fresh air and stalked out of the house. Damon had followed her.

Bonnie was still unable to process that Damon had killed a pregnant woman. Emma was neither surprised nor upset. And Kai had slept through most of the story.

Emma was trying to solve the sudoku puzzle in the newspaper when Kai settled down next to her on the couch.
He took the newspaper from her and threw it across the room.

"Hey!"

" You weren't gonna complete it anyways," he said. " So....what happened?"

" What are you talking about?"

"At the store. What happened at the store? You came back looking all worried. And your legs were trembling like they always do when you're scared or frightened."

She was surprised that Kai could tell but then again he was very observant.
She sighed and rolled up her sleeve.
The blood had dried up and the skin around the bite mark was swollen.

Kai looked anxious. It seemed as if that mark on her skin were bothering him.

" Did bonnie....bite you ?" He joked.

Emma rolled her eyes. She pulled down her sleeve and turned away from him.

" Hey, No , come on. Let me see," he said and pulled her sleeve back up. He shifted closer to examine it. His thumb grazed the wound on her skin. He looked up at her, a hint of concern in his voice now.
" What happened?" He asked.