35.

----------------------------------

There were six Victorian era vampires crowding the living room. It was awesome. Kai couldn't contain the smile on his face as they looked around confused at some of the things he said. As much as he wanted to tell them about the modern world and watch their faces twist, he wanted to be alone with Emma. Wanted to kiss her soft mouth, wanted her under him as he slowly pleasured her all night.

As the vampire leaned forward on the couch, his fangs appearing, ready to sink into her skin, Kai snapped sharply, " Not her neck."

He was an observant person. He knew that Emma didn't like it when someone touched her neck. She'd freeze as if lost in memory.

And as much as he wanted to pull her by the neck and kiss her senseless, he refrained. He wouldn't do it. Couldn't.

The man- Oswald? No that's not right. Oscar. Yes, Oscar. He turned around to frown at him.

" That's the best place," Oscar said, glancing at her neck, imagining sinking his teeth into the soft skin there. Emma looked at Kai pleadingly.

Kai glowered. " Not her neck," he repeated with enough ice in his tone.

Oscar rolled his eyes. " Give me your wrist."

Emma obliged. She sucked in a breath as Oscar's teeth sank into her skin. The others watched, veins crawling beneath their eyes at the scent of blood.

A second passed. Two. Three. Ten. Her fingers dug into the cushion.
" That's enough," Kai interrupted.

" What now?"

" You've survived the past century with two drops of blood a week. This much blood will do you good for now. Noella, you're next."

" It's Nora," she snapped.

Emma had lost a lot of blood yesterday too. By the time Nora was done, her face had drained of any colour. Beau was kind enough to let go early seeing as Emma was dizzy. She smiled at him warmly as he left. Fine, he wouldn't spit in his dinner.

Kai sat down for his part of being the blood bag. The other three vampires, for whatever reason decided to drink off him at once. Malcolm's teeth sank into his wrist, the girl- the blonde one- Molly Louise ? She sank her teeth into his neck rather harshly. Yeah, she didn't like him much. The other girl was quiet, her face void of any emotion.

Emma was trailing her finger along the three puncture wounds on her arm. And by the look on her face he was certain she was going to throw up. "Hey," Kai said to Emma, wincing as Molly sank her teeth in deeper. " I'll heal it after I'm done here."

She shook her head. " I know. I'm-" Emma paled even more. She clamped a hand over her mouth and darted out of the room. Shit. He shouldn't have let her do it. Lily had plunged her hand in Emma's abdomen after all !