Chapter 7

Chapter7

(my pov)

I woke up and realised I had fallen asleep on Marcus. My head was resting on his shoulder and he had one arm around me. I didn’t know what time it was so I got up quietly to check my phone for the time. It was 6.00am and we had to be downstairs at 8.00 for breakfast. We had 2 hours. I decided to go straight to my dorm to get ready.

(Marcus pov)

I heard the door shut and opened my eyes. I realised that Grace had gone. I’m guessing that’s why I heard the door shut. I checked the time on my phone. 6.05. I had ages to get ready but I didn’t want to go back to sleep. I got up and had a quick shower.

By the time I got out, the others had got up and left. It was just me and Alfie left.

“Morning” Alfie yawned as he walked past me “the others have gone to their own dorms to get ready for today.”

“Ok”

I dried myself off and got changed into jeans, a t-shirt, a snapback and a pair of vans. I brushed my teeth and then put my glasses and bracelets on. It was still only 6:30 so I decided to walk slowly to Grace’s dorm so I could walk with her to breakfast. I grabbed my bag and left.

I was just walking down the corridor when I saw Maz. I wanted to turn and walk away but it was too late.

“Hey man” he was talking to me “I’m so sorry about that thing the other day. I didn’t know she had a boyfriend and I came onto her. Don’t blame Grace. It was my fault.” He started to walk away.

“Thank you” I called out to him. I didn’t know what else to say. He nodded and carried on walking. I decided not to tell Grace.

I got to her dorm and knocked on the door. |Jessie answered and I could hear Grace singing in her room.

“Come in” Jessie smiled “GRACE!” she shouted but Grace’s music was too loud “just go in. She’s dressed.”

I smiled and nodded. I quietly opened the door and she had her back facing me. I ran up to her and hugged her from behind.

“Morning beautiful” I whispered (loud enough so that she could hear over the music) as I grabbed her waist. She turned around, threw her arms around my neck and kissed my lips gently.

“Morning babe” she had left her hair to dry natural in loose curls and she was wearing black tights, shorts with the American flag on them and a red stripy top with a pair of vans.

“You ok?”

“Yes thanks” she was just getting her bag out of her wardrobe. She put it on the bed and turned the music down.

“Good” I smiled and she smiled back. She came up to me and put her arms around my waist and hugged me. I laughed. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah. Just, you know, first day and stuff” I laughed at her, sat on the bed and pulled her onto my lap.

“You’ll be fine” I gave her a reassuring smile.

“Where do I meet you at break time?”

“Who said I want to sit with you at break time?” I joked. She laughed and hit my shoulder.

“Shut up”

I smiled. “Erm, what lesson do you have before break?”

(my pov)

I grabbed my planner and turned to where I had put my time-table. “Maths with Miss Martin. Room 7”

“Ok, I’ll meet you there then” he smiled and I got off his lap.