Chapter 21

Chapter21

(my pov)

It had been a week since me and Marcus broke up and I didn’t want to check my phone or laptop so all I’d done was watch films and eat. I was in the middle of watching Dear John when there was a knock at the door.

“Is Grace here?” I heard a voice ask.

“Yes, she’s upstairs dear” my mom replied. I quickly wiped my tears and looked at myself in the mirror which I regretted straight after. I was a mess!

“Grace?” Joe appeared in the doorway and I just looked at him.

“Yes?”

“You need to stop this” he said, sitting on the edge of my bed and taking my ice cream off me. I frowned.

“Hey” I said and he gave me a stern look.

“Come on” he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of bed. I tried to stop him but he was too strong. “Jooooeeee” I moaned and he shushed me and told me to get some clothes and get in the shower. I did as he said and grabbed some joggers and a t-shirt, making my way to the bathroom.

“Grace, you have 36 messages on your phone” he said and I just shrugged. “23 off Jessie, 4 off me, 2 off Marcus and 7 off Alfie” he continued.

2 off Marcus I repeated in my head and fought back more tears.

He put my phone down, came up to me and just hugged me.

“I don’t get it” he said, “you broke up with him”

“No,” I said “I suggested that we go on a break.” That was my first proper sentence in days.

“So why are you so upset?” he asked me and I looked into his eyes.

“Because he didn’t refuse or look upset. He was more interested in what was on his computer screen. He’s texted me twice…TWICE. He doesn’t even care about me Joe” I said. Tears were now streaming down my face and Joe pulled me into a tighter hug.

“You know that’s not true” he said into my damp hair.

“Then why hasn’t he come round? Made sure I was ok?” I asked.

“Have you read those texts?” he asked and I shook my head. I wiped my eyes and sniffled as he handed me my phone.

Jessie had said G R A C E A N S W E R M E, each word separate. Most of her messages said ‘OI GRACE’ or ‘just tell me if you’re ok’. I messaged her back telling her that I was fine.

Joe had told me he was coming round and asked if I was ok three times.

Alfie had said pretty much the same thing.

I took a deep breath and opened Marcus’ texts. The first one said ‘I’m sorry, I miss you’ and the second one said ‘Just please check twitter.’ The second one had only been sent this morning so I logged onto my twitter. I saw the worldwide trends and the top one was #MarcusIsSorryGrace. I smiled slightly and went onto his profile. Most of his recent tweets were quotes and one of them said ‘You never know what you have until it’s gone’. I also saw a YouTube  video that was called ‘I’m Sorry’. I clicked on it and was greeted by Marcus saying “hi” there was no “helloooo”

“I’m making this video to say that I’m having a break from YouTube so I won’t be making videos for a while and I also won’t be going to Playlist live or Vidcon.” I paused the video and ran to get changed into a skater skirt, a t-shirt and Marcus’ jacket. I brushed my hair and put it into a messy bun and put a tiny amount of make up on.

“Joe, please could you drive me to Marcus’?” I asked and he smiled jumping up. I got into the car and started to bite my nails. We arrived and I got out feeling confident. I was about to knock on the door but I froze and turned around. Joe gave me a puzzled look and motioned for me to carry on. Without thinking, I rung the bell and waited nervously.

I waited for a bit and decided he wasn’t there so I turned around to go back to the car.

“Grace?” I heard Marcus behind me. I turned around and froze.

“Marcus” I whispered and stepped towards him. “I’m sorry” I said and hugged him. He put his arms around my waist and hugged me back.

“What are you sorry for? It’s me that should be apologising” he said.

“No, it’s not.” I said, “YouTube is what you love to do and it’s what makes you happy. Who am I to stop you from making videos and going to conventions?” I asked.

“Yes but I also love you. More than anything” he said and I fought back tears.

“Then why haven’t you come round to see if I was ok? Why didn’t you refuse to go on a break or even look upset?” I asked pulling away from him.

“Are you serious?” he said calmly “I’ve been sat in bed crying for a week. I was shocked when you said it and you left before I even had chance to say anything. I didn’t come round because I thought you hated me. I needed to think things through.”

I stood there and took in everything he said and all I could say was “I’m sorry” he shook his head and pulled me into a hug again. I hugged him back, not being able to fight the tears anymore I just let it all out and cried into his chest.

“Come on” he said picking me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he turned to walk into his house. I looked up and saw that Joe wasn’t there anymore and I just smiled, hugging Marcus as tightly as I could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END

I honestly didn’t know how to end this story so I hope that’s satisfactory for you;)

Thankyou so much for like 50k reads, I’m literally speechless!! I’m sorry the uploads were really slow but thank you all for sticking with me

I  LOVE YOUR SEXAY FACEEEEEEEEES

I hope you enjoyed this Fanfic because it was fun to write it ~ grace xox