Chapter 6 (unedited)

A/N
Merry Christmas to everyone!
This chapter is dedicated to chic_travler for being the first to comment my story :)
Enjoy!

4 years later!

"Are you ready Nikki? It's about to start in a hour and you need to be there to great the clients and the potential buyers." Mike, my boyfriend of a month called me. We meet in Africa where I was taking pictures of people, their everyday struggles but also about their beautiful culture. I was welcomed with open arms and I loved my 1 year stay there. Mike was a pediatrician, volunteering in Africa to help the ones in need. He had blue eyes, blonde hair and a dashing smile. He was 5"8 and had a good body. He didn't have a six pack but I didn't care. As long as he didn't have a pot belly it was fine with me. He asked me out a couple of times but I always refused because I was still hurt from losing Jack or jackass like Danny calls him.

We meet again three months ago when I was looking for a new pediatrician for my 3 years old son since the one we usually went too retired. He asked me out again and I finally said yes. After going in a couple of dates we become official a month ago.

"Be there in a minute."

"Wow,just wow." Mike said and also whistled when I entered the room. I was wearing a dark green evening gown with a sweetheart neckline and a slit that showed my leg. I was also wearing silver pumps. My blond hair was up in a stylish bun and I was wearing natural eyeshadow. I was also wearing my signature deep red lipstick and cat eye eyeliner.

"Thanks, I guess" I smiled to Mike. He had a heart of gold and that was one of many reasons why I liked him.

"You look gorgeous honey. I will have my work cut off for me, getting rid of anyone that looks your way." He smiled and winked at me.

"You don't have to. I am one man's woman only. I don't have eyes for others when I am in a relationship. Thank god you don't have a wandering eye either or I would have to say goodbye to you, no matter how charming you are.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence. Now shall we? He asked giving me his arm. He was such a gentleman, I swear sometimes I thought he just came out from one of those old movies, or a good historical book where men knew how to respect women.

"We shall." I said accepting his arm.

The ride to the gallery where I was putting up my photos and my painting for the first time under my real name was 20 minutes long. Today everyone would know who Blackheart really was. It was an artistic name that I choose after breaking up with Jack. It reminded me of a pirate who was not afraid of the open seas and just wanted to concur everything. I though it was a strong nickname for someone who lost their soul and whose heart became as black as the starless night. The name represented me, lost and without a light to follow. At the end I conquered the darkness and instead found my force to defeat it. I found part time job as a waitress at a bar whose owner also owned a bakery shop. She helped me to get booked for some of the fotoshoots that her customers needed for special occasions like birthdays, baby showers and even some engagement parties. After that I created an online website and started to work more and more hours as a photograph. I managed to go back to college and get a Bachelor of fine arts degree. I loved painting to and to tell you the truth I don't know if I like painting or taking picture more. Today I would held my head up high and be proud of what I have achieved so far. I wondered if Jack would be proud of me too if he knew, or to him I would still be a stupid child that was after his money. I refused to think about him even though sometimes my thoughts would shift to him,no matter how hard I tried not to.

"We are here." Mike's voice interrupted my trip down to memory lane.

"Be ready there is a lot of press outside, ready to finally learn who Blackheart really is. I bet they expect a man that looks like a pirate, not a beautiful woman like you, they will be in for a good surprise." He chuckled and opened the car door for me.