Chapter 35 unedited

Miles POV
As soon as I broke in on Jennifer's apartment I hung up my phone and got inside making sure that no one saw me enter the apartment. I knew that she lived alone so the only risk was if one of her neighbors saw me but I would be that with what I had discovered about Jennifer so far her neighbors probably would turn a blind eye and a deaf ear if they thought someone was robbing her.

Her apartment was decorated with taste even though some of the furniture was missing and I could see the marks that they had left in the expensive carpet showing that she probably just got rid of them recently. I made my way toward her bedroom and went to check in her closet to see if she had anything that I could use against her. In my experience people usually used to hide things in their bedroom or in the basement and I was going to check them both. Home studio was the third place where they kept a lot of information but they usually were more careful there because they thought it wasn't as secure especially if they met potential clients there.

Her giant bed wasn't made and here was a lot of trash around the house, I guess she didn't have any more money to hire a maid and was to lazy to do a thing herself. As I was looking in her closet to find a piece of paper or anything that could help me the only things I found were clothes and more expensive clothes. Oh also at least 50 pairs of different types of shoes. They were a variety of colors and shapes and I really wondered why women would need this many shoes. I don't own more that 5 pairs.

I thought about getting her tube of toothpaste and squeezing it inside her shoes so that when she wore them her feet would get dirty and it would make a funny noise, then I thought it would be childish and abandoned the idea.

After 10 minutes of searching inside her closet I only discovered that she also had a huge collection of sexy underwear and mostly dresses, not many practical clothes. I mean the woman didn't even own a pair of sweatpants. I was about to give up when in one of the last drawers of her custom made closed I found a folder that seemed unusual.

I picked the folder and opened it only to see that there were pictures and more pictures on it. First one was her and Jack but what didn't made sense to me was why she had put a big red cross on her face. There were other pictures of Jack and Nicole this time and she had done the same thing. Circled Nicole head and out a big Red Cross on it. In others it was her Jack and Nicole and she had crosses herself and Nicole again. It just didn't make sense to me. Usually one crosses out the one that they want to eliminate not themselves. I was looking at the pictures and I saw that Jennifer seemed a little bit different there. She was more demure and she wasn't clinging to Jack. In some of the pictures she was even laughing and having a good time with Nicole.

I run my hands in my hair trying to make sense out of it. Why would she want someone to take pictures or herself and then circle it. Unless.... Of course how could I have been this stupid. The one in the picture must have been the real Jennifer and she was crossing out her sister not her. So I guess the real Jennifer was in those pictures and that is why she was laughing with Nicole. I took the pictures with me and tired to see if there was more concrete proof that Isabel stile Jennifer identity. Just having a couple of pictures wouldn't prove anything and it wouldn't help Mike either.

I went in her bathroom grabbed the toothpaste and then I went and I squeezed the toothpaste in her shoes. I guess I am a kid after all. I just wished I could see her face when she wore her precious shoes. I chose a pair of golden ones that had a red sole. I must admit they were pretty, too bad they wouldn't be useful after I squeezed half of the toothpaste in them. After doing the same with another pair of back shoes with a red sole again, what's up with the red sole it's not like people are going to see what's under your feet, I went to the bathroom took her mouthwash and emptied half of it. Then I filled it with toilet water while cracking up when I thought of Jennifer rinsing her mouth with it. Then I took toothbrush dipped in the toilet a couple of times and put it back in place. Time to get serious and get back to work I thought and left her bedroom and checked to see if she had a studio. Turns out she hadn't which is weird because if she was a layer she would have to take a lot of paper work with her home to work on them.